People say I'm losing weight too fast?

Options
2»

Replies

• 2BFitHealthy
    Options
    As long as your eating healthy amounts and exercising at levels that you feel comfy in you're good to go. The mind aspect of extreme weightloss may or may not catch up to you but luckily you've found MFP with support here.

I'd be concerned if you were still losing 5 or more a week. You're body needs time to heal and conform to your new routines. You're doing a good job right now stick to what you've just learned and keep going.
  • MBrothers22
    MBrothers22 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    At your starting weight, you're fine. Those guidelines are more for people who don't have a lot to lose. My 45 pounds have come off in 85 days. That's 3.7 pounds per week. I started at 351 and am at 306 now. I've stuck to the same amount of calories the whole time, 2200, and will continue to do so unless I NEED to change.
  • SusanaLdn
    SusanaLdn Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    What's your calorie intake? You may be starving yourself and losing too quickly to maintain muscle. It will also possibly mean you'll have more loose skin as the body has less time to adapt to the change. If you open your diary, maybe you can have more realistic opinions.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I am going to join the chorus here and say that, if you are feeding the body the nutrients it needs and the calories it needs to feel energized for your daily activities, don't worry about it. Just be prepared for it to to slow down a little as you get closer to your goal. Have you figured out your loss month by month? If so, have you already noticed a bit of a slow down? This is normal and good.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!