my 15 week plan 15/05/14-28/08/14

Options
if anyone has any tips or comments for me feel free to advise me as i haven't done any training in 3-4 years.

WALL OF TEXT INC:

weight: i will weigh myself 1 time a week for 15 weeks

15/05/14- 21st 2lb (134.7kg, 297lb)
22/05/14- 20st 4lb (128.8kg, 284lb) (weight loss 13lbs/6kg)
29/05/14-
05/06/14-(start freeletics)
12/06/14-
19/06/14-
26/06/14-
03/07/14-
10/07/14-
17/07/14-
24/07/14-
31/07/14-
07/08/14-
14/08/14-
21/08/14-
28/08/14-

background info:
i am 23year old male, 6'11ft tall, on a scale of 1-10 in fitness i rank myself at a 3, i spend most of my time playing computer games and i eat alot of junk food. i have tried to diet and lose weight in the past but when after going to university my weight went from 19stone to 22stone in 4-5 months from eating junk food and takaways, KFC and doing no exercise i was 30%body fat. i went on a juice fast and lost 1 stone then i ended it and started eating unhealthy again. so now that i have finished university for the summer my plan is to do everything i can to get healthy, because im tall i dont look as fat but i will eventually so this is my solution. (im also to tall to go on the bikes my knees hit the bars so my alternative is cross trainer and swimming for low impact cardio)

start date-15/05/2014
minimum end date-28/08/2014

fitness plan:
Monday: back +cardio
Tuesday: shoulders +cardio
Wednesday: cardio
Thursday: legs +cardio
Friday: chest + cardio
Saturday: cardio
Sunday: rest

Cardio: his does not include walking however my phone keeps track of steps taken and i will estimate how long i have been walking from that - the amount on c25k

Cross trainer: 15min hitt (after I wake up befor eating)
c25k: started 20/05/14 to replace Cross trainer 10min hitt (midday)
Swimming: 30min- 5 lengths 2min rest (evening or late day)

Weights: just heavy enough to struggle on the last rep (very light weight)

Back:
Sets Reps
DB Deadlift
3 8
Bent Over DB Row
3 8
DB Pullover
3 12
DB Hammer Curl
3 12

Shoulders:
Sets Reps
Seated DB Overhead Press
3 8
DB Shrugs
3 12
Incline DB Reverse Flys
3 12
Weighted Decline Bench Situp
3 12
2 Arm Seated DB Tricep Extension
3 12

Legs:
Sets Reps
DB Squat
3 8
DB Stiff Leg Deadlift
3 12
DB Walking Lunge
3 12
Concentration Curl
3 12
Legs:

Chest:
Sets Reps
DB Flat Bench
3 8
DB Incline Bench
3 8
DB Flys
3 12
DB Side Bend
3 12
DB Tricep Kickback
3 12

Food: minimum i try to eat every day
water (at least 3 litres this is a must)
Oats (with semi skinned milk)
Protein shake (with semi skinned milk) x2
Mean green juice
egg white 8
tuna
chicken + salad (or sandwich)

extra info:
i plan to do the weightlifting for 3 weeks and then starting Freeletics i might continue with the weight lifting but it will depend how the Freeletics go and how i feel after (i will prioritise cardio over weights).

yes im tired, yes i wana stop, yes my body aches and no im not gona stop.
my motivation track while im doing exercise http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6OwnNe9nMU

i also have a curry from a takeaway every week on Thursday or friday (chicken phal, pilau rice and chips)

i went to the cinima to see xmen and got alot of sweets last night (the day befor i weighed myself) it didnt seem to make to much of a difference as a 1 off treat (also i did take 27000 steps yesterday (about 17 miles in total) so i think that countered the snacks)

Replies

• cowleyl
    cowleyl Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Wow. What a great plan. I'm going to copy it, because I've been stalling on the strength stuff. I've lost about 60lbs (mostly before joining mfp) and have about 40 to go. My biggest tip is not to let bad days bring you down. I remember once eating a whole block of chocolate because I was annoyed I hadn't lost weight.. The next day I lost about 700g. I then regretted my decision (but still enjoyed the chocky). I found that focusing on diet, exercise and measurements and the scales gave me a number of things with which to measure success. I'm sure that, like everyone else, you've started a diet on Monday, blown it on Tuesday and then taken another week to get started again. And so on and so forth. Take it meal by meal. If you have a bad meal, get back on track for the next one. You also have to treat yourself (within calorie limits of course). Also, if you fall off your diet, your commitment to yourself is to have to do more exercise that day. That keeps me on track!!
  • spartanliam115
    Options
    feel free to copy it however it does take up alot of the day. i maily just put the weights in there because i needed something to help build my strength abit befor i do freeletics.
    but my plan if i know im doing something like going to the cinima and im gona get sweets, this means i am gona walk to the cinima and back hence the extra miles.
    but iv gotta say that youtube video keeps me going sometimes when i dont think i can or i dont want to.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    That really doesn't sound like much food considering what you are planning to do as a 6"1 male of that weight. Make sure you are getting sufficient calories
  • spartanliam115
    Options
    according to mfp most day my net calories are close to 0 or even -, but what i have put down here is a minumum that id like to eat each day and i dont feel hungry and i havent gone dizzy or light head because i eat every 2-3h in the day. i have done this for a week and im not feeling as bad as i though i would

here is a breakdown from a calorie calculator (little to no excercise)
    6"11', 297lb, age 23
    You need 3,066 Calories/day to maintain your weight.
    You need 2,566 Calories/day to lose 1 lb per week.
    You need 2,066 Calories/day to lose 2 lb per week

so i rounded it to 2000 on my phone
    i try to hit 2000 calories a day its difficult without eating junk food to hit 2000 calories

MFP says -1678 calories for the basic amount of cardio i do
    15min cross trainer
    15min run
    30min swim
    60min walk

i have the fat to burn for the extra energy and due to my mean green juice i get alot of nutrition i need

as long as i dont feel hungry i think im fine and if i do feel hungry then ill eat something extra
  • kt1219
    kt1219 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    As far as your eating goes. Follow your Fitness Pal calorie plan. Go slow. There is no reason to lose weight fast unless your doctor has told you to. If .5 or 1 pound a week is doable, go that way. If you lose more, that is a bonus.

Find your weakness, if it is sweet snack cakes, replace them with something healthy like fruit, and use your snack cakes as rewards once a month. If you don't have time to cook meals everyday. Pre-make them on the day you have the time and portion them out for each day per week. Get a scale and get in a habit of weighing out your portions. Then you won't need to eat at the fast food restaurants. If you do eat out, make better choices. My biggest weakness of all was soda. I love it and drank way too many. I replaced it with water and unsweet tea and now drink a soda once a month as a treat to reward myself for doing well.

I started Fitness Blenders 4 Week beginner workout plan. Its only $6. You might think you don't want to spend money to lose weight, but you spent a lot more money gaining it. It combines cardio and strength training in different ways to keep variety. They help you keep the proper form and motivate you as you do the workout. They also give suggestions for adjustments you may need to make if something is too difficult for you. Don't worry though, because the next time you have to do it, it will be so much easier. I love it. I look forward to every new day. http://www.fitnessblender.com/

If you blow your calories in a day. Don't fret, its one day. Get right back on the plan the next day. You will love yourself for it in the end. You can do this! Just getting started is half the battle! The rest is easy! :bigsmile:
  • spartanliam115
    Options
    hi, the reason im going at this so extreme is because iv tried 1/2 measures befor (cutting down on food and exercising 3 times a week ) they dont work for me, inevitable i just go back to my old ways.
    So no more 1/2 measures im gona go full force for 15 weeks, 6 days a week. my body will adapt.
    the true test will come when i hit the freeletics

again the 2000 calorie mark i try to hit each day does not include the minus exercise so if i eat over 2000 calories it dosent bother me to much because the exercise will cover it.

remember if i do tomorrow what i did today, i will get tomorrow what i got today.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    hi, the reason im going at this so extreme is because iv tried 1/2 measures befor (cutting down on food and exercising 3 times a week ) they dont work for me, inevitable i just go back to my old ways.
    So no more 1/2 measures im gona go full force for 15 weeks, 6 days a week. my body will adapt.
    the true test will come when i hit the freeletics

again the 2000 calorie mark i try to hit each day does not include the minus exercise so if i eat over 2000 calories it dosent bother me to much because the exercise will cover it.

remember if i do tomorrow what i did today, i will get tomorrow what i got today.

I just want to make sure I'm understanding correctly. You eat 2,000 per day, and are netting 0 per day after exercise?
  • miss_phat_booty
    Options
    I don't know.... I feel like if you're going to do strength training it's probably better to do one that's already established instead of making one up for youself. You should look into StrongLifts....from the looks of your "program" you're only working 1 body part once a week??? You might get more and better results from a full body strength training program.

Also your eating doesn't have to be so spartan. You really should read this:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

Good luck on your journey....
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    You sound really motivated, and I think putting together a plan like that for yourself is a good idea. That's how I motivate myself too. Just be careful to listen to your body and not burn yourself out, since a slower start and more sustainability is a good thing.

On the calories, if you have about 3000 to maintain (no exercise), 2000 would be right for 2 lb/week (no exercise). That's how MFP's goals work. But what that means is that when you exercise you eat more, since some of your deficit is now coming from exercise. MFP does this by adding the exercise you log to your goal (just take the calorie counts with a grain of salt and probably adjust them down), and the TDEE method does this by having you add the exercise you will be doing into the calorie counter, so for example if you exercised 5 times a week you'd be burning more like 3750, so a loss of 2 lb/week would be at about 2750 calories.
  • spartanliam115
    Options
    I just want to make sure I'm understanding correctly. You eat 2,000 per day, and are netting 0 per day after exercise?

yes i aim to eat 2000 a day and after excercise and everything added up my net is usually around 0 to 500 most days

for example today i have had

this is 5h today so far from when i woke up at 11am

breakfast:
    whey protein: 136
    semi-skimmed milk 200ml: 104
    porridge oats: 185

lunch:
    tuna chunks in brine: 126
    juice mean green: 247

snacks:
    whey protein:136
    banana: 89

total: 1127
    total exercise will be -1615 after i have been for my swim (not including any calories i burned on weights)
    net so far = -488

dinner:
    i will probably go for a curry tonight

more snacks: 500g podded peas that ill also munch on (185cal)
  • spartanliam115
    Options
    my main difficulty is trying to eat high calorie healthy foods everything high calorie is junk food and if i eat alot of junk food to boost my calories ill end up slipping back into my old ways. at the minute im not feeling hungry and my body is not aching to much so im just gona continue.

the only times i feel tired is after iv exercised this and after each exercise i eat something then wait 1h and go do more exercise or go for a walk
    i try to keep moving as much as possible and the only part of me that is beginning to hut are my feet (apparently 17mile in 1 day might be abit much) but no blisters no bleeding so im gona keep going
  • missiontofitness
    Options

yes i aim to eat 2000 a day and after excercise and everything added up my net is usually around 0 to 500 most days

for example today i have had

this is 5h today so far from when i woke up at 11am

breakfast:
    whey protein: 136
    porridge oats: 185

lunch:
    tuna chunks in brine: 126
    juice mean green: 247

snacks:
    whey protein:136
    banana: 89

total: 1127
    total exercise will be -1615 after i have been for my swim (not including any calories i burned on weights)
    net so far = -488

dinner:
    i will probably go for a curry tonight

more snacks: 500g podded peas that ill also munch on (185cal)

You do know that is incredibly unhealthy? Your body needs fuel. Burning off 1,600+ calories without replenishing your body is going to do more harm than good down the road.
  • spartanliam115
    Options
    ha, if my body want fule it will have to take it from the 30% body fat it has stored up.
  • glreim21
    glreim21 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Your body will start to take it from your muscles and your body fat will increase. This is an extremely unhealthy plan!
  • missiontofitness
    Options
    ha, if my body want fule it will have to take it from the 30% body fat it has stored up.

You are pursuing your weight loss in an incredibly dangerous and unhealthy way. I would highly suggest you speak to a professional about a good plan to tackle it. What you are doing sounds very disordered.
  • maz504
    maz504 Posts: 450
    Options

You are pursuing your weight loss in an incredibly dangerous and unhealthy way. I would highly suggest you speak to a professional about a good plan to tackle it. What you are doing sounds very disordered.

+1
  • shapefitter
    shapefitter Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Check out your TDEE at www.fitnessfrog.com You can thank me later :)
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    according to mfp most day my net calories are close to 0 or even -,

They're not supposed to be. Since you stated that MFP set you up with approximately 2000 Cals per day to lose 2 lbs, THAT is supposed to be your net.

See that sexypants link that was posted earlier? Read it. Follow it. Succeed. What you're doing is a recipe for disaster.
  • kt1219
    kt1219 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I think your biggest issue is making excuses why losing weight and getting fit does not work for you. It works for everyone. There is no quickie way to get in shape. You have to just do it and stick to it. When you stick to it long enough it becomes a new habit and you don't have to stress about your old ways. Stress causes you also to gain weight or not lose weight. Just start something and stick to it. As much as you think you need to do your own plan, that is not working for you. You need something structured so you can see what you are doing everyday, and make adjustments when something is not working. Set a plan, say "I'm gonna do this no matter what" and you will see results. Excuses won't help you meet your goals.

Finished the 4-Week Beginner Low Impact Fitness Blender plan today.

Lost 5.2 lbs
    and 1 inch in all areas
    dropped a whole pants size
    have more strength and energy than ever before.
  • segovm
    segovm Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Just wanted to say good luck. I know a lot of people are going to knock you on the caloric deficit and they are just doing it because we've all sort of been there and done that and there are some pretty real short term issues (binges!) and long term (lost weight but a huge portion of the weight was muscles not fat).

Just make sure you do your best to stay healthy. You said part measures never worked before and I get that, but the exercise you are putting in is more than a part measure, it's an amazing way to get healthy all on it's own even if you keep your body nourished with a reasonable number of calories.

If this is working for you more power to you. If you end up getting stalled (sick, injured, lethargic, weak, binging, etc.) that might be a really good clue to feed yourself a little more food so you can emerge a healthy happy guy with a body that can sustain the weight you got to.

Anyway best of luck to you!