Any other Hypos out there?

Options
HI! I have hypothyroidism and was looking for others like me to add as friends. :) I know there are some of us that know more than others and its always good to have someone to turn to if you have a general question. My Endo is awesome but sometimes I would just like to talk to other people that have it and get their outlook/feedback on it.

Well add me :)

Replies

• PinkyFett
    PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I have hashimoto's
  • PinkyFett
    PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    HI! I have hypothyroidism and was looking for others like me to add as friends. :) I know there are some of us that know more than others and its always good to have someone to turn to if you have a general question. My Endo is awesome but sometimes I would just like to talk to other people that have it and get their outlook/feedback on it.

Well add me :)

Eat at a defecit, it will be slower but it will happen. Be patient.

Only if her meds are right and she is optimal. Until then, it won't happen. I do agree with no excuses, but it's not really an excuse there, it just won't happen until we're being treated and commit to not letting hypo get to you. It's even worse with Hashi.

My decision to not let hashi run my life has been the best choice in my life. I run my life, not this disease and I will lose the weight despite it.
  • ABeautifulDistraction
    ABeautifulDistraction Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I do

and no "problems" losing weight.

Sure it is slower but this excuse is not valid.

Well good for you, but that isn't everyones experience especially if there are other complications or if she actually has Hashi's but hasn't had the proper diagnosis/care yet. She didn't say anything about having a problem losing weight, just asking for members with the same condition. Hypo goes way beyond the weight factor, don't you agree?

I have Hashi's, OP. Feel free to add me.
  • Grumpsandwich
    Grumpsandwich Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Hashimotos hypothyroid and PCOS here. Its been tough, but getting there
  • Stephanieb325
    Stephanieb325 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! :) Yay, I knew there were some of you out there! I was just looking for others with hypo or thyroid issues lol. I am losing weight just fine and my levels are great! :) As long as your levels are great there should be no issues with losing weight!
  • ctricya
    ctricya Posts: 28
    Options
    i have hypo too
  • Stephanieb325
    Options
    I do

and no "problems" losing weight.

Sure it is slower but this excuse is not valid.

Well good for you, but that isn't everyones experience especially if there are other complications or if she actually has Hashi's but hasn't had the proper diagnosis/care yet. She didn't say anything about having a problem losing weight, just asking for members with the same condition. Hypo goes way beyond the weight factor, don't you agree?

I have Hashi's, OP. Feel free to add me.

Thank you :)
  • mufin71
    mufin71 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm hypo too, as long as I take my meds everything is good.
  • GallifreyanGirl396
    GallifreyanGirl396 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hypothyroidism and diabetic among other things. My physician recently took me off of my diabetic meds because my numbers are improving. Now, I've started having numbness in my hands and feet every single day,and I've gained 60 pounds in about a year and a half. However, she insists I treat my hypothyroidism by cutting carbs and walking. I have a really tough time counting carbs,especially since I'm the only one in my house doing it.

I think I need a new physician though. I am having a terrible time trying to lose weight. Also, whenever I told her I go to the gym she suggested I cut my membership so I don't get "bulky". :noway:

So, friend me if you want,but I'm probably of no help. I'm in this thread to take in any advice you receive! haha
  • CarlaNB
    CarlaNB Posts: 38
    Options
    Have hypo and adrenal problems. Nice to see others here!
    I used to have an awesome active life, but basically was bedridden all winter until I could find a doc who would treat me.
    So, now that I can get up! I want to change my life and my body back to what it needs to be.
    Just starting out, but I love this place!
    Keep on keeping on lady!
  • CarlaNB
    Options
    I also want to say that, even though they seem a bit fanatical, "Stop the Thyroid Madness" saved my life and my sanity. Without their shared knowledge, I am certain I would be in the hospital at this point!!
    Worth checking out if you're having problems getting docs/endos to take you seriously.
  • princessofredrock
    princessofredrock Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Hypothyroid, PCOS and insulin resistance here! I have a great Dr and support at home! With life style changes, including learning to eat to make my body happy, exercise and getting my hormones in order, I am making it happen! Good luck to you and add me if you like!

:flowerforyou:
  • ABeautifulDistraction
    ABeautifulDistraction Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Have hypo and adrenal problems. Nice to see others here!
    I used to have an awesome active life, but basically was bedridden all winter until I could find a doc who would treat me.
    So, now that I can get up! I want to change my life and my body back to what it needs to be.
    Just starting out, but I love this place!
    Keep on keeping on lady!

I feel your pain!
    I wound up bed ridden twice before my diagnosis with Hashi's and a complete re-vamp of my care plan. I had been diagnosed hypo 10 years prior, was on Synthroid and just kept getting sicker. I wound up with adrenal fatigue, losing my hair, heart problems and kidney damage thanks to substandard care even though I sought a second, third, and fourth opinion. I also have some co-morbidity issues going on with Celiac and Fibro but after a year of care with a wonderful Endo I'm feeling leagues better and I intend to never be sick like that again.
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Yep. Hashimotos and hypothyroid. (and more but this is enough for here)

Don't use the diagnoses as an excuse, you can lose weight.
  • CarlaNB
    Options
    Beautiful (sorry I haven't figured out how to quote!) I'm so happy you found a decent endo. The last one I saw literally laughed in my face and said, "Just be happy you don't have cancer!", and then promptly sent me for an MRI to see if I have pituitary cancer!! A55#o!3!!!
  • Stephanieb325
    Options
    I totally agree!
  • Stephanieb325
    Options
    Yep. Hashimotos and hypothyroid. (and more but this is enough for here)

Don't use the diagnoses as an excuse, you can lose weight.

Hey no excuses here! JUST WANTING TO MEET OTHERS LIKE ME! That is all. Losing weight just fine.
  • Stephanieb325
    Options
    So curious, I have heard of Adernal Fatigue but what exactly is that. Sorry if its a stupid question! LOL