Help for prune boobs

Options
May be too personal for the forums, not sure but here goes...

Starting weight 184 now 110.

Starting bra size 38D now 34B. I don't really mind the smaller size so much.

What I do mind is that all that is left seems to be skin. I don't mean just a little either, I mean ALL skin. So much so that leaning over too far causes them to slip out of bra. Crazy right?

Is there any help for this besides surgery?

Replies

• xerothermic
    xerothermic Posts: 80
    Options
    From what a friend has told me really the only solution is surgery. However, some added pec muscle should help fill them out as well.
  • EllieB_5
    EllieB_5 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    If it's just the slipping out part you're asking about, duct tape works wonders :tongue: If it's the skin itself, I'm afraid only surgery will fix it.

Edited for the smiley since some ppl are way too freaking serious.
  • noitall96
    noitall96 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    i feel ya. i was at 150 now at 110 and am also now a 34B. Not too sure about how to help. althoguh i do recall there are foods out there that you can to increase your bust size. Not sure how true it is though :(
  • TriLifter
    TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Yikes! I'm sorry, I can imagine. I think surgery is honestly your best option, but lifting could help a bit. Weight loss can be a *****, huh? :ohwell:
  • a_stronger_me13
    a_stronger_me13 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Rapid weightloss is usually the cause for loose skin on the body, but everyone has a different reaction to this as the elasticity of each person's skin varies. If it's been a while since you've lost the weight and the issue hasn't improved, then it's probably going to take surgery to fix it.
  • _KitKat_
    _KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Heavy lifting for the pecs, can help fill out the skin and tighten all over. Unfortunately if that doesn't work, surgery is the most common option. A lift is a smaller implant that gets rid of the sag and looks more natural. Boob loss isn't always about rapid weight loss, if you gained your weight in your chest then it will happen.
  • BajaDreamin333
    BajaDreamin333 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem, and after much research, here is what I do to combat further prune-ness, and manage general aging.

First, use a body scrub with a net scrubby daily. The friction and massage increases blood flow, which improves the cell and skin renewal process. I like the ones that have essential oils or even olive oil, since they also moisturize. Next, slather, and I mean slather, your skin with moisturizer both morning and night. I use Bio Oil body oil, Vitamin E oil, collagen cream and anything else that says it's for aging, sagging skin. I use this on my neck, breast area, and the area around and under my arm pits, as that skin seems to be the same texture and is also getting "pruney"

I believe it is working, at least there seems to be a stop to it getting worse, and I can feel good I'm taking good care of my skin too.
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Get fitted and buy really good bras :ohwell:
  • ianthy
    ianthy Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Well done on the weight loss. If you have just lost the weight - then the skin will take a while to adjust. I use bio oil and also got fitted for better bras - really you should not be slipping out.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I agree with getting fitted. A TON of women wear the wrong size bra...you might find that it's not so bad when you're wearing a better fitted bra.

I feel you on the skin though...mine are awful. :ohwell:
  • NJGamerChick
    NJGamerChick Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I would also agree with weight lifting. Building up the muscle does help perk them up a bit.

Surgery can go one of two ways:

The first is an actual lift. They will remove the excess tissue and perk them up. The downside is that you lose size because of losing skin.

The more common procedure is to insert an implant. This will increase size, but going up a cup size might be enough to make them look real and still keep them proportional. Scarring is minimal and incision can be done in many places including the armpit and on the underside of the breast near the ribs. Replacement of the implant is periodic as well.
  • IcanIwill1
    IcanIwill1 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Wow at the way people just blurt out "Surgery"
    As if going under general anaesthesia is without life endangering risks.
    Breast tissue is mostly fat, when one does any of the following "lose weight/get older, or go through menopause/have kid/s, they will stretch the skin and also with menopause hormonal changes will also mean loss of breast fat/volume.

The good news is that its a natural phenomenon, and depending on how you feel about it, you can live with it with attitude adjustment.

The bad news is, short of gaining back your weight, there is nothing that can be done without going under the knife and its attendant risks.
  • aliwhalen
    aliwhalen Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I agree that you should get fitted and buy yourself several really good bras! I bought new bras last year after I was finished nursing my twins, and it has done wonders for my self-confidence. Of course, now that I'm about 15 pounds lighter, my bras are getting baggy! I guess I need to go get fitted again. If you have a Nordstrom nearby, I'd highly recommend them.
  • TammyVieu
    TammyVieu Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I have 3 kiddos, and they like to eat so surgery is not an option for me. Guess I will be going to get some new bras, thanks all!
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Breast tissue is mostly fat, when one does any of the following "lose weight/get older, or go through menopause/have kid/s, they will stretch the skin and also with menopause hormonal changes will also mean loss of breast fat/volume.

The good news is that its a natural phenomenon, and depending on how you feel about it, you can live with it with attitude adjustment.

The bad news is, short of gaining back your weight, there is nothing that can be done without going under the knife and its attendant risks.

:huh:

It's loose skin. It's only going to rebound so much. If the person still isn't happy after the skin is finished rebounding, the only options are to deal with it or have surgery.
  • TriLifter
    TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options

I said surgery because it is the only option to absolutely fix that problem, not because I think it would be fun.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    Vigorous motorboating? Just a thought.

that is always fun....first in line to get some vigorous motorboating. :drinker: :drinker:
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    As far as slipping out I'm guessing you're in the wrong bra size.
  • TammyVieu
    TammyVieu Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Unless I wear a full coverage industrial bra, yes they slip out. Imagine a demi bra. You put jello in one side and an orange in the other. The jello (ie. my boobs) will slip out, the orange wont. :) I know, a lot of food analogies, forgive me, it is lunch time.