feeling frustrated weight gain after being sick

Options
Well I have been doing fairly well. Up until last week I had been losing about 2 lbs a week for 8 weeks so down 16 lbs. Then I got sick. Flu like symptoms really knocked me on my butt. Between being sick and the medication I could barely stand to eat. So I ended up losing a couple extra pounds. Now I am feeling better and still eating according to my limits, but I have GAINED back about 3 pounds. Ugh just so incredibly frustrated. Doesn't help that my husband is doing this with me and he has lost almost 30 pounds in the same time frame.:sad:

Replies

• GillianMcK
    GillianMcK Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    If you've been sick and not eating then the gain will be temporary water weight and glycogen levels replenishing, it's only 1 week and weight loss is rarely linear, it will fluctuate, stick with what you're doing, I would only start to look at calorie levels and diet if the weight wasn't moving over a month later.
  • AmyWininger
    AmyWininger Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    The meds could have caused you to gain water weight as well, it does that for me. Don't worry about it, give it a few days and you'll be normal.
  • 04hoopsgal73
    04hoopsgal73 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others. Don’t worry about it. Meds can cause water gain as they do for myself. Stick to your plan and you’ll see results after a few weeks. Good news for your hubby. Remember we all have different metabolisms and your hubby wasn’t sick like yourself.
    Hang tough! (P.S.): I also have been sick & my Meds will be over Sunday so I don’t expect miracles for a Monday weigh in.
  • Eric_DeCastro
    Eric_DeCastro Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    don't let it discourage you. last week I put on 6 lbs, this week I took it all back plus some. the scale is weird that way. just keep your head up and keep fighting and the weight will come off naturally. hard work and Never Give up. You will get there.
  • nsobolik
    nsobolik Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for the support. I am hoping it is just water weight!! I am on my 2nd liter of water already this morning so have my fingers crossed!!!
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Could have been worse.....I got sick after a surgery last year, and ended up gaining about 40 pounds.