Realistically speaking....

Options
2»

Replies

• NYCGamerGirlx
    NYCGamerGirlx Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thank you to all who answered. Have a FANTASTIC day.
  • LC458
    LC458 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Along with cutting my cals I'm also a vegetarian and I really enjoy my diet, just make sure you're getting enough protein. I also do weight training and just a bit of cardio and I had my weight come off at a good pace. 1-1.5lbs or so a week. But the biggest tip I can offer is try not to pay too much attention to the scale. Measure your weight loss in inches. I wish you luck with your weight loss and overall more active lifestyle :happy:

Oh and this is a fabulous website for recipe ideas for vegetarians/vegans- http://ohsheglows.com.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Boy is there sassiness on this website. Just wanted more than 2-3 answers. But thanks anyway. Sheesh.
    So you just wanted people to agree with you? Sorry wrong place for that. If though you want some varied advice that may help you lose weight in a sustainable way without needless suffering from people who have or are doing it. Then stick around. Have a good day
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif

I see nothing but good, realistic advice and answers in here... did I miss something?
  • PinkCupcakes84
    PinkCupcakes84 Posts: 235 Member
    Options

Ummm this sounds sassy to me:(
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    Boy is there sassiness on this website. Just wanted more than 2-3 answers. But thanks anyway. Sheesh.

Not getting the answer you want = sassiness
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    All OP wanted to hear was unicorns and rainbows!!! :indifferent:
  • chadproud
    chadproud Posts: 8
    Options
    a pound a week should be doable.

Yea I agree with this. At first you might lose some excess water weight. But in terms of pure fat, one pound per week is about the maximum anyone can expect.

Good luck!
  • Fitfully_me
    Fitfully_me Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I knew there were some sites that would give you numbers that you are looking for. So I found one for you that you can plug in your current weight, your desired weight and the time you'd like to lose and it will give you a deficit you should have.

http://www.superskinnyme.com/calorie-deficit-calculator.html

That being said, the advice you've received is solid, and this tool will confirm that for you.

ETA: Lighten up. I didn't detect any sass in the responses you'd been given.
  • Junebuggyzy
    Junebuggyzy Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    In 15 weeks I lost almost 2 pounds a week. I went from 162 down to 134.

I have a goal too. I want to lose 32 pounds for my son's wedding. have 11 days left to lose 4 pounds. Realistically, that's not going to happen. I lost 28 pounds in 15 weeks, and that is good enough for me.

The sassiness you see is what I call people who are rude. These are people who have no life. They live for making people feel bad. Especially when people come to this forum looking for help.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    The sassiness you see is what I call people who are rude. These are people who have no life. They live for making people feel bad. Especially when people come to this forum looking for help.
    In for rude people with no lives, making people feel bad by answering questions truthfully and giving sound advice to complete strangers while expecting nothing in return.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    In 15 weeks I lost almost 2 pounds a week. I went from 162 down to 134.

I have a goal too. I want to lose 32 pounds for my son's wedding. have 11 days left to lose 4 pounds. Realistically, that's not going to happen. I lost 28 pounds in 15 weeks, and that is good enough for me.

Can you show me anyone that was rude other than you, good advice was given by people giving up their own free time to help her, she didn't like the answer and you had to be her white knight.
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    83 days is about 12 weeks.

So depending on how much you need to lose total, anywhere from 6-24 pounds is realistic (1/2 pound - 2 pounds per week).
  • Mrsbeale11
    Mrsbeale11 Posts: 126 Member
    Options

Its not sassiness, you just didn't get someone saying that you could lose xxlbs in that time frame. :flowerforyou:

I asked a question today and almost every person who took the time to respond told me the exact opposite that I wanted to hear but I didn't call them sassy, I thanked them, they didn't need to respond and if the majority said the opposite then it kinda stands to reason that maybe they know what they are talking about.

And I was grateful for their advice.

Don't take it as sass xx

ETA forgot to add that I was very happy with advice
  • catneon
    catneon Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    30c64pf.gif
    (Because I am a mean internet person with no life.)

You asked a question and got straight forward responses which gave you the realistic expectation you were looking for /end
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options

Why do you need more of the same answer, do you want good advice which has already been given or are you waiting on someone to tell you what you want to hear?
    Ding ding ding!
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    91394d1383593286-reducing-gyms-did-someone-say-sassy-big-pile-sassy.gif