Needing Support

Options
I am 21 and offically in the worst shape of my life. I know 25lbs doesn't seem like that much to lose but it does to me because. I am just getting started and am certainly needing help to keep going already. Feel Free to add me, message me or chat with me. I am wanting to be 100% in this.

Replies

• natlagoon
    natlagoon Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm looking to lose the same amount of weight as you and I know by comparison to the excellent work some of the other people are doing on here, it doesn't seem like a lot. I'm getting rid of pregnancy weight (trying to at least) and am also 100% committed so we can keep one another company if you like? I'm in Exeter, UK.
  • JeffInJax
    JeffInJax Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    No matter how much or how little weight you choose to lose (unless you are already unhealthily low) its a positive and exciting goal to reach. It can be difficult but stick to it and you'll be better off in the end for it!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i'm here only looking to drop about 20 something pounds.
  • gelendestrasse
    Options
    25 pounds might not seem like a lot now but when you're 30 it will have doubled and by 40 you're going to be feeling the extra weight and flirting with Type II diabetes. So you're right to start now, get it right and keep at it. Good thinking!
  • ShelbyGale13
    ShelbyGale13 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much. You are great and making me feel better already! I had never thought about it like yall have said I have always just compared myself to others!!
  • celticmedic
    celticmedic Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have busted my *kitten* to lose a total of 120 lbs and highest loss was 140 lbs. It is a mindset and lifestyle. Not a quick fix.
  • jeweledangel02
    Options
    To each their own. I lost 20 pounds last year and couldn't believe how much better I felt! No, 25 pounds doesn't sound like a lot when compared to some but I'll tell you the same thing my husband told me. Pick up a bowling ball weighing the same thing and know that that's what you're trying to lose. That's no small amount when you have it in your hands. Once you lose the weight, go back and pick up that same ball. Realize that you LOST that. It's a great feeling and kind of mind blowing. I'm back to needing to lose 30 pounds from pregnancy weight so I'm right there with you. There is no such thing as "a small amount of weight" when it comes to how you feel.
  • JeffInJax
    JeffInJax Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    To each their own. I lost 20 pounds last year and couldn't believe how much better I felt! No, 25 pounds doesn't sound like a lot when compared to some but I'll tell you the same thing my husband told me. Pick up a bowling ball weighing the same thing and know that that's what you're trying to lose. That's no small amount when you have it in your hands. Once you lose the weight, go back and pick up that same ball. Realize that you LOST that. It's a great feeling and kind of mind blowing. I'm back to needing to lose 30 pounds from pregnancy weight so I'm right there with you. There is no such thing as "a small amount of weight" when it comes to how you feel.

^^^ This