Casual Exercising

Options
Hello there :)

I'm female, age 21
Weight: 181 pounds
Height: 5'3

I've noticed I have a lot of random sharp pains in my legs (after hurting myself with an exercise routine a while back)
I'm looking for a light exercise that burns a good amount of calories without putting too much stress on my legs. I do go on walks but it isn't always an option because of weather.

The only things I have available are my body and a set of ten pound dumbbells. I'm too broke for a gym and I live too far away from town to go to any parks or trails. I'm looking for something that I can do in the house on a normally daily basis.

Please help, thank you :)

Replies

• lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Hello there :)

I'm female, age 21
    Weight: 181 pounds
    Height: 5'3

I've noticed I have a lot of random sharp pains in my legs (after hurting myself with an exercise routine a while back)
    I'm looking for a light exercise that burns a good amount of calories without putting too much stress on my legs. I do go on walks but it isn't always an option because of weather.

The only things I have available are my body and a set of ten pound dumbbells. I'm too broke for a gym and I live too far away from town to go to any parks or trails. I'm looking for something that I can do in the house on a normally daily basis.

Please help, thank you :)

There are TONS of free workout videos on youtube! Jessica Smith TV is my favorite. But if you do a search for low impact aerobics on youtube you will find plenty to choose from.

Also Leslie Sansone's Walk at Home programs has some great DVD's. A few of her workouts are free on youtube as well.
  • Jaymestar
    Jaymestar Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you are experiencing something like shin-splints. I had them a while back when I was running, and they do take a while to heal up properly. If they are the case, I would recommend putting a stop to leg exercise and give your body some rest to heal. I was recommended that, and the pain went away eventually when they completely healed. It really sucks having to wait around, but you don't want to further damage them.

Like said above, there are a bunch of youtube videos you can check out that will help. They are also suggestions I see on Pinterest too, under 'Health and Fitness.'

Wish you the best of luck on your recovery!
  • codyzanthraxx
    Options
    Wii boxing

really
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    cycling? swimming?
  • wyattj99
    wyattj99 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Fitness Blender has some dumbbell low weight works on your tube as well.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    calorie deficit for weight loss- so table push aways and fork put downs.

For your health and heart
    walking and swimming
    barbell training.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options

Oh well, if you can't walk because of the weather, you can run instead. You'll get out of the weather event sooner.

At home you can do:
    pushups
    pullups
    dips

You can even do ghetto squats and deads.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Wii boxing

really

Or any kind of boxing, really. Boxing requires your legs, but you can do the punches sitting if it's too much for you.