Using Tapiriik to Sync Garmin Connect to Runkeeper

Options
Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone else has used Tapiriik to sync exercise data from one stats site to another? What are your experiences and can you help with a problem I seem to be having?

I have just invested in a new Garmin watch, but before that I used Runkeeper. I have a lot of Runkeeper data there that I don't want to lose, and I also like the fact that it syncs with MFP and automatically updates my exercise calories (whereas Garmin Connect doesn't). I discovered that you can use a site called Tapiriik to import Garmin data into Runkeeper and vice versa - has anyone else used this? It's free for manual syncing and only $2 for automatic syncing.

I tried the free version yesterday and it seems to have imported everything from Runkeeper to Garmin Connect accurately, but not the other way around, which is annoying as I want my calories to update in MFP properly! For example, yesterday I worked out for 2 hours on a cardio machine at the gym and, according to my Garmin heart rate monitor I burned 1065 cals. But when I synced to Runkeeper via Tapiriik it said I did 1 hour 37 minutes and burned 623 cals.

Am I doing something wrong!? has anyone else experienced this and been able to fix it?

Replies

• lisaabenjamin
    lisaabenjamin Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Bumping now the US is awake :-)
  • lisaabenjamin
    lisaabenjamin Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Anyone?
  • chazza55
    chazza55 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am on the verge of getting a garmin fenix 2 and similar to you wanted the calories to automatically come over to mfp.....tried a few with little success but what I have settled on is:

Garmin --> copymysports --> runkeeper --> mfp

The reason why I chose this was because all the others I tried either charge to choose when to sync or auto sync, sync only over night or just don't really work. ( I admit I didn't try tapiirik).

Copymysports copy automatically from garmin (don't think it'll copy anything to garmin though), and their missions target is to try and copy within 15 minutes of login on garmin connect. In my experience so far it is a little longer than this but it does sync say within 30-60mins if not sooner.

So I believe I have sorted a solution for my own needs....hopefully it is suitable for you as well.

Cheeky of topic add on.....Don't suppose anyone knows how to get withings scale data automatically into garmin connect for calorie estimation?