Options
    I have to ask......why?

Serious question.

serious question:

why not?????
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    You should think twice about going vegan. Vegans have low energy and their mood is negatively affected. Thats why vegans have to take vitamins everyday. Also, a true vegan does not use traditional soap, toothpaste, or any other hygienic products, because most of the companys test them on animals. Eating less meat is one thing, but going vegan is completly the opposite of what our human bodies were made to do. Our teeth are made to eat meat, not grind down vegetables.

Said Scott Jurek after running 150 mile ultra through Death Valley entirely on a plant based diet.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    You should think twice about going vegan. Vegans have low energy and their mood is negatively affected. Thats why vegans have to take vitamins everyday. Also, a true vegan does not use traditional soap, toothpaste, or any other hygienic products, because most of the companys test them on animals. Eating less meat is one thing, but going vegan is completly the opposite of what our human bodies were made to do. Our teeth are made to eat meat, not grind down vegetables.

lol no to everything you said just no
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you'd like :)

I've been eating mostly vegetarian for the last year or so and decided in the last couple of months to go vegan. My family has a strong history of cancer and based on the research and books I've read, it's a choice I've made to try to mitigate that risk. Every Vegan is different, just like every Omnivore is different - we all have our reasons. No need to justify or defend them, after all, you're the one that has to live with the consequences, right?
  • debformyclass
    Options
    Don't listen to the negative idiots out there, a vegan or a vegetarian is whatever they want or aspire to be. I have been vegetarian for over twenty years. When I first "turned" lol my cousin told me all my bones would fall out. He is now a cop. I rest my case.

Seriously, it has been a great experience and now I am trying to go full vegan. I've cut out ice cream, yogurt, milk, and coffee creamer. I use unsweetened coconut milk in my coffee and its pretty good. I still use butter, cheese, and sour cream. These are going to be the tough ones to get rid of. I do use a substitute butter - earth balance - and its pretty good - but nothing ads flavor when cooking like butter. I guess it will just take time to lose the taste of it.

As for taking vitamins, you can have a basic metabolic panel done next time you are at the doctor to see if you are low on anything, but being veg doesn't necessarily mean that you will have problems. I work in the medical field and all the nurses always told me I was going to be deficit in protein, iron, B-12 etc, so I would bring them in my lab results and they were perfect and they could not believe it.

I think anyone that stops eating meat and wants to feel better and live longer is a special person. Whatever you can do to further your veganism - go for it!
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    Food is food. Everyone lives on death, even vegans. No one's food is morally superior to anyone else's food, since eating is not a moral act. Eating is not a religion. I do not understand why anyone would want to go vegan. There are better ways of showing love for animals than veganism, which is just as much about controlling one's own world as it is about eating.

yea not killing animals is not a good way to show love .. kill them just kill em if you love them
  • JenD1066
    JenD1066 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Greetings!
    Vegan here- sending a friend request.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    good grief. meat eaters are so defensive.
  • tikikris
    tikikris Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm vegetarian for 29 years and vegan for 10. Happier and healthier than ever!