What is the ugliest car you have ever owned?

Options
Go_Mizzou99
Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
For me - hands down - my 1972 canary-yellow AMC Gremlin. It had a sweet 8-track player though :noway:

06-1972-gremlin-xlt1.jpg

Replies

• Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    My 92' Nissan Sentra coupe...but honestly, I loved that little car!
  • HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    That's not ugly, that's awesome OP!!!
  • RabbitLost
    RabbitLost Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    1978 Toyota Corolla. A jelly bean with 120HP engine. I was so glad when I totaled it.
  • xkissylou
    xkissylou Posts: 76
    Options
    1997 tricycle. No rims.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    1984 Ford Mustang LX hatchback, burnt orange.

Someone dropped a 302 into the front of it for my 18th birthday. The engine was too big and too heavy for the car, and it fishtailed at the slightest provocation. In 1993, the engine block cracked. I had it towed to a repair shop to get an estimate. When the mechanic cranked the engine, it blew, caught on fire, and the entire front of the car burned to a crisp.

I traded it in for a 1993 Toyota Corolla. The dealership agreed to take if off my hands sight unseen for $600. I got a call 3 days later when they went to pick it up from the repair shop. I laughed because you never buy a car sight unseen. :laugh:

3f41a885-b3dd-428c-aa4f-936dbec5a4bb_zps6671a257.jpg
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,769 Member
    Options
    Early 80s Dodge Aries K car...but it only cost $600.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I have never owned an ugly car. I had to wait til my student loans were paid before I bought one, so... I was... 'older' when I bought my first car.
  • albertabeefy
    albertabeefy Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    1974 Ford Pinto Wagon ... White with the fake wood paneling on the side...

Looked very much like this one, except it came with some scratches and dents from the previous owner:

1973_ford_pinto-pic-57161.jpeg
  • BurntCoffee
    BurntCoffee Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    My grandpa was a rural mail carrier and when I turned 16 he gave me his route car, a 1984 Chevy Celebrity. The whole right side of the car was dinged up from mailbox doors that would fall open onto the window or side of the car.

It was ugly but I was lucky to have a car at all. :)
  • Healingnutritionsolutions
    Options
    hand painted bright yellow 1974 Pinto station wagon... lol ! UGLY! We called it the bananamobile
  • raevyn70
    raevyn70 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Volkswagen Rabbit
  • RedHotHunter
    RedHotHunter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    77 Chevy Nova, powder blue, 4 door, with 8 track player. I only had it about a month if that.
  • lookin4gains
    lookin4gains Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    1977 Buick LeSabre
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    A snot green Austin marina. It was a standard transmission but didn't go in reverse. My girlfriend and I pushed it backwards out of tight parking spots almost daily, and often in the rain. We were offered help but were usually too quick and efficient for anyone to get to us in time. If I was wiser, I would have acted a bit more helpless because now that I think of it, there were lots of missed opportunities. Sometimes the indicator worked, sometimes it didn't. Near the end of it's life I had to climb out the window on the driver's side just like in the Dukes of Hazard:)
  • ChasingMyBliss
    ChasingMyBliss Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    It was a vega... Powder blue, given to me when my Great Grandmother died. It was powder blue, and looked like a mini hearse. Not sure the year, I would say late 70's. UHG!! It was my first car.
  • baileyang33
    baileyang33 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Plymouth Reliant aka K car!!!!! Awful.
  • baileyang33
    baileyang33 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    85 for the record. lmao
  • chellebelle418
    Options
    My grandpa was a rural mail carrier and when I turned 16 he gave me his route car, a 1984 Chevy Celebrity. The whole right side of the car was dinged up from mailbox doors that would fall open onto the window or side of the car.

It was ugly but I was lucky to have a car at all. :)

oh gah mine was a 1986 celebrity.....given 2 me by my great great aunt who had it n storage when she got put n the nursing home.....storage building caught fire and the drivers side window, the plastic, was melted some and the paint n several places was messed up from it. but it was free!! it had hardly no miles on it.....looked brand new on the inside. did i say it was that "country mauve" color, aka pink....was incredibly loud and had muffler issues? lol and then i wrecked it and messed up the drivers side door....i had 2 roll the window down and open it from the outside 2 get out! but hey she got me where i needed 2 go and i was happy!
  • Caeyla
    Caeyla Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Early 80s Dodge Aries K car...but it only cost $600.

I had one of those! And it was an *ugly* light green color to boot. Paid $25 for it--it had been sitting in the woods for a few years. Cleaned it up, helped my ex rebuild the motor in it, and got a couple of good years out of it!
  • mblair1968
    mblair1968 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    1986 Chrysler LeBaron