Do you weigh your pizza???

Options

Replies

• missyjane824
    missyjane824 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I weight myself. Eat the pizza. Weight myself the next day. Subtract the difference.

this is as close as I'll ever get to weighing pizza.

edit to add that it's just easier to eat the whole pizza.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Geez! No, I've never weighed it. I overguesstimate just for safety's sake. :laugh:
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    NO
  • mary659497
    mary659497 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I made a frozen pizza last night and I weighed it.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I have never once weighed pizza. And I eat it often.
  • HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    NO

QFT
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Well since you already went to the trouble of weighing it might as well do the math and log it accurately.

In the future I wouldn't weigh it.

If you are unable to unknow what you now know you might have to weigh it from here on out.

May I suggest a story? Pandora's Box.
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    I usually order a small or medium (depending on how many calories I've got), eat the whole thing, log as such, and assume it's close enough.
  • biddy249
    biddy249 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    No, just eat the darn pizza and enjoy every bite. I work it into my plan and it's something I look forward too weekly.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Unless it is a daily menu item, I would just estimate it by slice. And if I am worried I will just do some extra cardio.
  • bellevie86
    bellevie86 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Unless it is a daily menu item, I would just estimate it by slice. And if I am worried I will just do some extra cardio.

That's what im thinkin.....Also....have you tried to do cardio after eating pizza? I usually eat 3-4 pieces and I've tried to do late night cardio or walk after (3 hrs or so) and still get MASSIVE cramps :(
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    yes i pull the different parts apart and weight them individually

What saddens me is that there might be someone out there who would take this seriously and actually do such a horrible thing to a slice of pizza.
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I pretty much always order pizza from a local pizza joint, so I really have no idea how many calories I'm eating anyway. I just pick a similar entry in the database and log it that way. I eat 3 slices of pizza for dinner about once a week, and it hasn't affected my weight loss yet.

Even if I ordered chain pizza or made a frozen one, I probably wouldn't weigh it unless it became a more frequent meal. I do tend to weigh almost everything else that I prepare at home, so I guess that helps even things out a little. :smile:
  • bellevie86
    Options
    I pretty much always order pizza from a local pizza joint, so I really have no idea how many calories I'm eating anyway. I just pick a similar entry in the database and log it that way. I eat 3 slices of pizza for dinner about once a week, and it hasn't affected my weight loss yet.

Even if I ordered chain pizza or made a frozen one, I probably wouldn't weigh it unless it became a more frequent meal. I do tend to weigh almost everything else that I prepare at home, so I guess that helps even things out a little. :smile:

The small pizza joints always have the best pizza and such!!!! Downfall is the lack of nutritional info :(
  • bellevie86
    Options
    I officially don't care! Instead the hubby and I will just go for a walk to even some of it out :)
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I don't weigh the slices. I figure it all balances out over time. When I make my own, I do weigh all the ingredients when I am cooking it, so I can be reasonably sure of the calories in the whole pie.
  • Effalunt
    Effalunt Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I only eat homemade pizza, so yes, I weigh that but do it an ingredient at a time as I'm building it. That said, I have yet to take my scale and/or measuring cups to a restaurant, so weighing things "on the go" seems like overkill to me. There are times it's appropriate to estimate as well as possible and let it go at that.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I weigh it if I'm home.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Only after I digest it.