Big deficit-having a head time eating ALL THAT FOOD!

Options
SO I only started here on Monday, but already I am having problems eating alllllll the calories I'm supposed to. I am not hungry either. I think I'm eating ok so far. Anyone want to have a look and let me know if I'm doing some thing wrong?
Also, I would like to say how amazing everyone here is! The support is extraordinary!
Thanks in advance!

Replies

• htg20
    htg20 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I had that same problem my first week but on week two I have had to be careful not to go over.
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Your diary is closed, so we can't look and make any suggestions.
  • tryett
    tryett Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    OP, you need to make your food diary public for anyone to see it. Without that no one can tell you anything.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Go to Settings>Diary Settings> Make diary public.
  • CarlaNB
    CarlaNB Posts: 38
    Options
    Oops....sorry about that! Diary should be open now!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Nope still closed. Make sure you save the changes. :flowerforyou:
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    hmm nope, still not open :flowerforyou:
  • CarlaNB
    Options
    ARRRGHHH! I hate being new!! Hang on!!
  • CarlaNB
    Options
    OK NOW it should be open.....
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Your exercise calorie logging is quite high. Are you sure you are not overestimating?
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    How are you measuring your burns?
  • CarlaNB
    Options
    I thought that too, I used the Pilates and yoga units from here, use only 1 hour for every 2 I'm at the farm (equestrian stuff) and use the app on my phone for the walks.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    I think your workout calories seem a bit off, how are you getting that number?
  • CarlaNB
    Options
    So basically, I didn't want to be a big cheater, and haven't logged everything I do, like housework and such. My understanding is that those sorts of activities would be included in my base amount anyway.? I have no idea...
  • manicautumn
    manicautumn Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Are you walking a lot? Does the app sync that over?

If so, what is your activity level set at? If it's at sedentary, you really need to bump it up.

(That would explain the high exercise calories.)
  • CarlaNB
    Options
    Activity level set at active. I actually do power walk, almost fast enough to keep up with slower joggers. 5.8 km in 53 minutes, averaging about 9.15/km.
    The counts seem really high to me too, but then again, I am a very active person, teaching lessons, riding, grooming, etc.
    I appreciate the help as I wouldn't want to gain weight doing this wrong!!
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    What is your height and weight? Your ticker says you only have 30 pounds to lose.

For me, 1695 calories is what I eat in a deficit, and I don't eat back exercise calories. I calculated my TDEE and then subtracted from that to lose. If you consistently eat that calorie amount, and don't bother with calculating in the exercise calories, you're going to be fine.

1700 calories a day is a good amount for a woman who doesn't have much to lose.
  • CarlaNB
    Options
    5'9" 180 41yo...So I don't have to eat back the deficit??
  • goldenrodfarm
    goldenrodfarm Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem, I do walk a lot and it is sync'ed over, it is always over 12-13K steps a day on work days and more on non-work days when I work on the farm, much of the farm stuff sync's over as highly active. I have been running a calorie deficit of 600-1000 but I just can't eat more. From looking at my food log I think I should be stopping earlier in the day to eat but that never happens, I have a really skewed time since I work 12 hour nights and usually don't go to bed on days off until 1-2 am. so I get up late the next day and now I stop and eat breakfast before I go out to the barn, then after chores I have a snack. I should stop and have lunch probably about 3 or so but that never happens until about 5 and so supper is usually about 11 or 12 at night. I am wondering if calories that come over from my Fitbit are registering too high, I have listed myself as active, but on days I work I am much less active with a 12.5 hour shift and two one hour drives.
  • CarlaNB
    Options
    Also...30 lbs feels like a mountain to climb right now! :frown: