New here!

Options
I'm new here and just wanted to get to know some people. I'm 28 with pcos and miserable at my current weight. So far I've lost 17 pounds 14 of which I lost before starting mfp. I've been trying to limit my carbs to 100g or below but normally end up about 150g mostly because I haven't had a chance to grocery shop since starting this. I also ride an exersise bike for 20mins a day. If anyone could give me some advice I would appreciate it!

Replies

• amy2or3
    amy2or3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Grocery shopping and having healthy low carb foods on hand will help you keep on track. I have PCOS and fibromyalgia. It sucks. My body is not very forgiving. I have been trying to diet since November but I have only recently joined MFP. I can share my experience or give advice if you would like. Do you have any questions?
  • jellyxbelly85
    Options
    Thanks! I'm excited to go shopping and buy healthy foods cause it's making it very difficult when all I have to eat is loaded with carbs!
  • SkiExtremeHailey
    Options
    I have also lost some weight before starting this, but this is helping me even more, I also just joined. Buy foods the are high in fiber and iron, I find it very hard to find foods with both of those which are very important. So that's part of what you should look for. If you do exercise, don't do just the same workout everyday, find a few different ones, because if you always work the same muscles all the time, it doesn't do as much for you. Welcome to the community! Can't wait to see your progress!
  • angeljan1904
    angeljan1904 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just started taking better care of my body about a month ago, and I feel so much better. I now love to grocery shop for an entire different reason then before. It's fun to come up with new low cal/carb meals that I actually enjoy. I have started eating greek plain yogurt at least 1 time a day, which is full of protein. I try to plan what I will eat for the day first thing in the morning so I'm not tempted through the day. I would love help staying motivated as I'm sure my steam will run out eventually.