your shape: fitness evolved for the xbox 360 kinect

Options
Anybody try this yet? I bought it yesterday and tried the warm up but it was frustrating to keep time with the virtual instructor.
Thoughts from anyone else?

Replies

• peggybrant
    peggybrant Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I don't have kinect but I have wii and sometimes it seems that way to me as well or it doesn't recognize that I did actually make the move...
  • kettlewitch
    kettlewitch Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Mine hasn't made it out of the wrapper yet. Might give it ago tomorrow and get back to you lol
  • pixelblossom
    pixelblossom Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have a Kinect and bought "The Biggest Loser". I think it's great because it doesn't go too much beyond what you can do. It tests you before you start to see where your at in fitness. And, you can choose Jillian or Bob to work out with. I chose Bob because he's nicer. :-)

There's only one problem with losing weight this way... ya have to use it or it doesn't work. LOL

What I need help with is actually using it. Like any weight loss equipment you need to use it.
  • mlpautzke
    mlpautzke Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have a Kinect and bought "The Biggest Loser". I think it's great because it doesn't go too much beyond what you can do. It tests you before you start to see where your at in fitness. And, you can choose Jillian or Bob to work out with. I chose Bob because he's nicer. :-)

There's only one problem with losing weight this way... ya have to use it or it doesn't work. LOL

What I need help with is actually using it. Like any weight loss equipment you need to use it.

I am looking for a Kinect workout disk.... is it reallly good?
  • kettlewitch
    kettlewitch Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I can appreciate that. I sat on the sofa watching Jeremy Kyle with my shape up trainers on for a whole hour and nothing happened. And then I read the instructions where there was something about walking.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    yep i have it...and you're right the personal trainer gets on my nerves...so does the pathetically sweet voice that keeps telling me to get my arm up higher...i also notice that the HR is WAY off so use your HRM. I did like it because my legs are sore now lol and I did work up a sweat. I've only done the cardio portion though so maybe it might kick me in the *kitten* soon...but yeah i like it...i alternate with Zumba, so it's Kinect tonight and Zumba tomorrow...
  • wowzer
    wowzer Posts: 18
    Options
    kettlewich - that made me laugh, drop my water bottle and now I get to exercise while cleaning it up!
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I can appreciate that. I sat on the sofa watching Jeremy Kyle with my shape up trainers on for a whole hour and nothing happened. And then I read the instructions where there was something about walking.

That is waaaaaaaaay too funny! :laugh:
  • pixelblossom
    Options
    I like the Biggest Loser for Kinect. Haven't used the other fitness program for Kinect. This one seems more personable. I need lots of one on one to feel supported. This does a pretty good job.

Let me know if you use something you like and we can compare notes.
  • Painten
    Painten Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I found it difficult.

Maybe i'll try it again when i'm calmer and can put up with it telling me i'm out of sync when it really looked to me like i was doing it the same way.

I've still got my wii fit and i've ordered a walk dvd that was mentioned around here somewhere.

I have the biggest loser on the wii and i found it hard to keep up with.

I'm really unfit :/
  • pixelblossom
    Options
    LOL that's too funny. It's exactly what I found out too.... I used "The Biggest Loser" about 2 weeks ago and keep wondering now why I'm not losing weight. LOL

They should put a warning on the box that the program won't work unless you use it.

LOL
  • pixelblossom
    Options
    I found it difficult.

Maybe i'll try it again when i'm calmer and can put up with it telling me i'm out of sync when it really looked to me like i was doing it the same way.

I've still got my wii fit and i've ordered a walk dvd that was mentioned around here somewhere.

I hear you! But we all have to start somewhere. Just do what you can. Most important point: USE THE PROGRAM. I found out that you don't lose if you don't use. LOL
  • Hourglass25
    Hourglass25 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I have the biggest loser for the xbox 360 kinect and it's really good. I have worked out every day since I got it, it's pretty good.
  • peggybrant
    Options
    I found it difficult.

• peggybrant
    Options
    I found that it makes a big difference if the remote is in the correct position in your hand,. That is for wii anyway
  • ZacFields
    ZacFields Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I used Fitness Evolved for about 30 minutes last week and my legs hurt for about 3 days. First day I could hardly get up from a sitting position (all the squats it had me do).

It's boring like any workout video, but the technology is just mind-blowing for this purpose. You've got to work really hard to mimick the movements of the trainer, and if you're not doing it right it will tell you what you're doing wrong.

It can be frustrating at first, but remember it's new for you and you've got to learn the game. It'll take a little while to learn it and once you do, you'll be burning calories like a pro!