Wedding in 6 Months!

Options
Hey everyone! I'm Jaime. I am getting married in 6 moonths and after drowning myself in cookies, ice cream and pizza around the holidays (who am I kidding, that's a daily thing for me no matter what time of year!), I am ready to really give myself a shot. This is truly something you can't buy and I am looking forward to getting into shape and feeling good. Right now I am 3 days off sugar and feeling the strange effects of that as my body is in shock. I give it at least a full week until I am feeling better. Eating healthy and really pushing myself at the gym. Will need extra support to keep this going longer than a week though, as I have a track record for being an in and out girl! So far so good - just need to do this today. I can worry about tomorrow, tomorrow!

Jaime

Replies

• Disciplined74
    Disciplined74 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    You have a great motivational thing there with the wedding in 6 months.

Mine is 20 year reunion in about 17 months. 100 pounds gone would be 1/2 my weight goal but would be great to loose it in that amount of time.

I wish you the best.

Eva
  • sroseber
    sroseber Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the wedding and the start of your new life! I have been an in and out kinda girl the last couple years too but I just started today with a 100 days challenge (not stopping for 100 days) if you want to join me. There is a book I'm using that has motivational daily "lessons" but you don't have to use it if you just want to commit to doing 100 days. I just posted a blog about it if you want to check it out on here. Good luck we can do this and you will look amazing at your wedding! :wink:
  • bsoxluvr
    bsoxluvr Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I was you a year ago!! Congrats on your wedding and for making the choice to get healthy. I promise it will be more than worth it if you stick to it and don't give up. You will look and feel beautiful!
  • Project_Jo
    Project_Jo Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Jaime,

I'm Jody and my wedding is in 4 months! I can totally relate with the over-enjoyment of the holidays and trying to get on track with eating well and exercising. My first day back at the gym was yesterday and my body didn't seem to be too appreciative, but I'm sure it will thank me later! :) I think the hardest part is building momentum in the beginning so taking it one day at a time is a great strategy. I'm also setting milestones or monthly goals for myself to help me stay on track (and to keep me from getting overwhelmed).

I know I'll need plenty of support as well and I think this site is a great resource for it!
  • JayLee127
    Options
    You have a great motivational thing there with the wedding in 6 months.

Mine is 20 year reunion in about 17 months. 100 pounds gone would be 1/2 my weight goal but would be great to loose it in that amount of time.

I wish you the best.

Eva

Love your Ticker!! Good luck to you too and thanks for the welcome!
  • JayLee127
    Options
    Congratulations on the wedding and the start of your new life! I have been an in and out kinda girl the last couple years too but I just started today with a 100 days challenge (not stopping for 100 days) if you want to join me. There is a book I'm using that has motivational daily "lessons" but you don't have to use it if you just want to commit to doing 100 days. I just posted a blog about it if you want to check it out on here. Good luck we can do this and you will look amazing at your wedding! :wink:

Thanks - that's really interesting - 100 days, huh?! I'm in!! I'm definitely going to look up your blog. I want to make the wedding goal but also to change my way of life. So, 5 days going strong - and I am focusd on making through today. That is my small attainable goal that will get me to my big goal.
  • JayLee127
    Options
    I was you a year ago!! Congrats on your wedding and for making the choice to get healthy. I promise it will be more than worth it if you stick to it and don't give up. You will look and feel beautiful!

Thanks! I think feeling good is half of the joy that comes out of this. So, you got through this, huh? Any tips?
  • JayLee127
    Options
    Hi Jaime,

I'm Jody and my wedding is in 4 months! I can totally relate with the over-enjoyment of the holidays and trying to get on track with eating well and exercising. My first day back at the gym was yesterday and my body didn't seem to be too appreciative, but I'm sure it will thank me later! :) I think the hardest part is building momentum in the beginning so taking it one day at a time is a great strategy. I'm also setting milestones or monthly goals for myself to help me stay on track (and to keep me from getting overwhelmed).

I know I'll need plenty of support as well and I think this site is a great resource for it!

First of all, Congrats on the wedding, Jody. I know - this is a great site and i love the tickers- they are very helpful in tracking your weigh-ins and as a steady visual reminder of your goals and how far you come.
    I don't know if you have found it yet, but there is a Wedding forum in the Support section of the community pages. It's pretty cool because we are all going through the same stresses and have the same goal, so it's a good place to find support and have comradery. You should check it out! It's called: Brides on a Mission: Week 1 and it was started by wannabrn10