Hit my goal weight today!

Options
Padzster
Padzster Posts: 75 Member
Hooray! Have hit my weight goal! 5 months and 22 days for 7kg loss. I never thought I'd get here, was always convinced that my body wanted to hang around the 70kg mark but here I am, at the same weight I was at 16!

I have always exercised and eaten healthily but this year has been the first time that I've weighed and logged my food, and completely changed my exercise routine from dull non-stop cardio to Stronglifts with cardio on strength rest days. Weighing and measuring food has been key, and made me realised that although I was eating healthy food I'd cooked from scratch, I was putting far more calories in than I thought. This accompanied with strength training means my body does not look weak and skinny, but it's now getting lean and strong. I haven't gone hungry, and I like big meals, but now instead of huge plates of pasta I'm eating huge portions of veg with some sort of lovely meat or fish. Have also carried on drinking wine which I love!

So for anyone with that last stone or 5-10kg to lose: you can do it! It takes a lot of patience and determination, especially the first couple of months where you can't see any quick changes, but it will come, I promise!

I'm now wondering if I should move my goal to 60kg as there is still room for improvement.... any thoughts?

Replies

• rebeccawesterfield5
    rebeccawesterfield5 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Congrats, that is an amazing feeling! I am in the same boat, having changed my lifestyle for the better and I am very close to my goal! I say keep going until you like what you see, only you can decide. Cheers to you for a job well done (will lift a glass of pinot giorgio in cheers to you later in the day, it is only 7:52 am here)!!
  • Sharon5913
    Sharon5913 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic!!! You should be very proud of yourself! :drinker:
  • vickiem74
    vickiem74 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That is something to celebrate!
  • Star_1234
    Star_1234 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your results!
    I'm now wondering if I should move my goal to 60kg as there is still room for improvement.... any thoughts?

Im relatively new to this and there will be other people who will be able to advise you better, but from what I have read you can do 3 things here:

1. You can continue eating at a small deficit to get to 60kg.
    2. Look into body recomp- where you eat at maintenance in order to gain muscle and lose fat simultaneously. You wont lose any more kgs but your body will look more lean and you will appear smaller. This is meant to be a very slow process and requires you to count your cals diligently so very small room for error.
    3. You can bulk and cut, where you eat at a calorie surplus for lets say 5 months to gain a few lbs of muscle (some fat gain will be inevitable) and then cut by eating at a calorie deficit for a couple of months to lose the fat you would have gained during the bulk phase. This will result in more muscle and less fat, giving you a more lean and smaller appearance.

Good luck!
  • Padzster
    Padzster Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your kind words.
    I like the options Stara. I think I'll go with the first one to 60kg. No pressure though!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!