Women - how do you get through your time of the month?

Options
13»

Replies

• TKhamvongsa
    TKhamvongsa Posts: 287
    Options
    LOL I just eat and then once TOTM is done - I start off fresh. I don't gain much from my TOTM binge.
  • bexcobham
    bexcobham Posts: 107
    Options
    LOL I just eat and then once TOTM is done - I start off fresh. I don't gain much from my TOTM binge.

I like it! :D
  • l3long
    l3long Posts: 153 Member
    Options
  • laciemn
    laciemn Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    That's weird. I don't get any weird cravings or increased appetite. I do get grumpy, though, and I usually get a zit or two. Guess I'm lucky to not have extra cravings!
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I drink more water, do my workouts as best I can and try not to scream a the dogs as it upsets them. The guys in my house kind of ignore me. Dark chocolates help.
  • fairymama
    fairymama Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Oh really? No, I take MediHerb Rhodiola and Ginseng (together- one supplement) to support my adrenal glands/ help my anxiety. I knew I'd had issues w/ the adrenals for several years- spiking cortisol levels in the evening, fatigue, etc.- but finally it got to the point that i had panic attacks and a lot of anxiety when going through a divorce. The Rhodiola Ginseng has been a lifesaver for me, but everyone's different. If you don't need adrenal support or anxiety relief, it might not be the thing for you.
  • bexcobham
    Options
    Oh really? No, I take MediHerb Rhodiola and Ginseng (together- one supplement) to support my adrenal glands/ help my anxiety. I knew I'd had issues w/ the adrenals for several years- spiking cortisol levels in the evening, fatigue, etc.- but finally it got to the point that i had panic attacks and a lot of anxiety when going through a divorce. The Rhodiola Ginseng has been a lifesaver for me, but everyone's different. If you don't need adrenal support or anxiety relief, it might not be the thing for you.

I just did some googling and think I've found out why I can't tolerate it. Apparently it doesn't mix well with caffeine. Do you drink coffee on it?

Seriously, I tried Rhodiola after hearing so many things about it, but was so on edge and couldn't sit still for more than five mins.
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    For the past yr or 2 Ive noticed that my feet get hot (if nothing else) and I usually end up having to stick them out from under the blankets.
    This can be a hassle because then I wake up when theyre freezing and I have to find a warm spot to put them under the blankets :ohwell:
  • iggyboo93
    iggyboo93 Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    For the past yr or 2 Ive noticed that my feet get hot (if nothing else) and I usually end up having to stick them out from under the blankets.
    This can be a hassle because then I wake up when theyre freezing and I have to find a warm spot to put them under the blankets :ohwell:

I've discovered the perfect warm place to plant my cold feet is the small of my husband's back while he is sleeping.

I seriously crave red meat the week before - ribeye that is as rare as the health department will allow...
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of chocolate.
    That's about it.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter helps me a lot - I also drink tons of water to flush everything out

And try to get my butt over the gym - If its really bad & I have a buddah bloated belly I wear a big black baggy t-shirt with my cropped leggings.... ha ha - so know one can see!!!!

Stock up on your protein snacks & fruit!
  • Jkn921
    Jkn921 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I honestly give myself a bit of a break and try to eat less as I don't do much exercise other than walking (very little as well) for the first 4 days. However, I usually have the energy and motivation to really get back on track as soon as I finish and am back at it with no problem. I feel that little break also helps me not think too much about weight loss and become obsessed and learn to take a break when needed.
  • kerrianne86
    kerrianne86 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty lucky, I don't get any increase in my appetite, however I do bloat like crazy!! I did some research a little while ago and found that drinking water and exercise really help.
  • LividMuffin
    LividMuffin Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that past few months my craving is SO much better than it used to be! I think the healthy balanced diet and daily workout helps a lot.. But if I do crave I try to have some sugar free jelly with fruits, if it doesn't help I make custard and banana (made with coconut milk & less sugar to knock down calories) and if even that doesn't do the job I just get whatever..:D Reese's peanut butter cups and pizza usually work...:D
  • bexcobham
    Options
    I forgot about peanut butter. :)

I'm doing some extra exercise today and plan to drink more water.

The hot feet thing is so annoying.
  • BrokenSomething
    BrokenSomething Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Not sure if there is an actual causal relation between these factors, but I don't crave sweets during that time anymore since I started to use protein powder. Just 50g of porridge + 100g mixed frozen berries+ one scoop of soya protein powder (chocolate) mixed with 400ml of water, either in the morning or after a workout. Tastes incredible good, fills me up for hours and only has ~360kcal.
    Again, not sure if that is the reason, but in my case, it is the only thing that I've changed.
  • bexcobham
    Options
    Not sure if there is an actual causal relation between these factors, but I don't crave sweets during that time anymore since I started to use protein powder. Just 50g of porridge + 100g mixed frozen berries+ one scoop of soya protein powder (chocolate) mixed with 400ml of water, either in the morning or after a workout. Tastes incredible good, fills me up for hours and only has ~360kcal.
    Again, not sure if that is the reason, but in my case, it is the only thing that I've changed.

That's a great idea. I'm going to check out my local health food store this morning as they sell those kinds of products.

Yup, my hungry time of the month is in full swing. I usually watch carbs, but I've just discovered fresh pasta made with chickpea flour. It's proper tasty and at least it's nourishing and it's low GI. Had a little bowl of that last night and it definitely helped with sweet cravings.