Goal: 60 lbs

So 60 pounds is the magic number. I think Christmas is my goal date, before would be nice, but holidays for me are always a little depressing because I just hate the way I feel. It's gotten past look and more about feel lately. I would love to go the easy way and order something like nutrisystem but too much money. So I think I'm going to do 2 rounds of insanity (or how many ever it takes) my question to all of you; if you've done insanity, did you stick with their diet plan or just ate clean and is there some other recommended diet + exercise plan that worked and that you recommend? Thank you :)

Replies

• Jkn921
    Jkn921 Posts: 309 Member
    If you''re starting, it's advisable to take it into baby steps and not rush into anything. I personally don't like the deadline idea because it puts you under pressure. If you're new to exercise, I wouldn't start straight out with insanity. But the general rule of thumb is:

1) Calorie deficit - the most important thing in losing weight, the only thing that will truly make a difference
    2) Exercise - will help with the calorie deficit, mood, and also your health & fitness
    3) Patience
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    I agree with PP...no deadlines...it has taken me 15months to lose 50lbs...not that I am the perfect example but life happens.

With 60lbs to lose 1lb a week at first is great...so 25weeks...then 1/2lb a week another 50 weeks..

Just start with a calorie deficit...that is what defines your weight loss. Accept that weight loss is not linear and you will lose weight one week, possibly none the next then another 1lb or 2 then maybe none for a couple weeks.

Add in exercise for health and fitness.

As for eating clean...your "diet" should consist of the foods you want/love/crave just in smaller portions...there is no point in eliminating food or food groups if you don't plan on living life like that.
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    I've done Insanity, and I think the way to go with your nutrition is track all of your food with MFP and stay within you daily calorie and macro goals. 60 lbs is a big goal to shoot for and setting a time limit, while it can push you to work hard and eat right, can be an aggressive way of doing this journey. Set your goal to push you, but don't be hard on yourself if you don't make it. You'll make great progress whether you get your goal or not, so be Christmas, be happy with your progress, no matter how much you have lost.

Allan
  • Starleighv
    Starleighv Posts: 3
    60 pounds is alot! But more power to you, anything is possible with dedication. But as everyone is saying, don't be too hard on your self. A push in the right direction is better than nothing at all. Just NEVER give up!

As for diet, you HAVE to change it. If you are eating 1000 calories a day but it's JUNK... You are only harming yourself! Your body needs protein, vegetables, fruit and fuel to run and burn fat that STAYS off.. Sure you would lose weight, but you want to do it the healthy way. It truly is 90 percent diet. If you have a sweet tooth, dark chocolate! If you are craving carbs- Spaghetti squash or quinoa. You can always add oils or spices like mr. dash to liven things up. BEST OF LUCK to you, you can do it! And more importantly, love yourself no matter what. You will be more motivated to make things happen :)

Check this out -
    http://www.pinterest.com/pin/314337248964028235/