high body fat help please

Options
Ive been weighed today, i had a 3lb loss making it a 9lb in two weeks. But ive been told my inner body fat is high, does any body have any tips how to decrease it. Ive also been told my bone density needs to be higher any tips on how to increase that please x

Replies

• mayaysf
    mayaysf Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    same here, I haven't measured by I know my body fat is probably high. For both body fat and bone density I recommend strength training, it does wonders to the body.
    you can check NROL4W..
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Start a progressive lifting program - Stronglifts 5x5, Starting Strength, New Rules of Lifting for Women, Strong Curves, etc. And make sure your diet supports this with adequate protein, fats and carbs.
  • DrJenO
    DrJenO Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Start a progressive lifting program - Stronglifts 5x5, Starting Strength, New Rules of Lifting for Women, Strong Curves, etc. And make sure your diet supports this with adequate protein, fats and carbs.
    ^^^ This. Ditch the scale (going by your profile picture), eat at a deficit (small deficit, like -250/day or 1/2lb per week), and lift.
  • misschip1983
    misschip1983 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Thankyou for replys, im starting with a personal trainer next week so will ask about heavy lifting. X
  • segovm
    segovm Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Freaking inner body fat... as if the world didn't have enough to worry about!

Good news though, fat is fat, the body will use it when it needs it so just be active and eat well. I think most people have come to terms with the fact that a little weight lifting can help sculpt a body and make it look great but there's nothing about the process that will burn invisible fat more than the visible stuff.

If you are going to lift than heavy lifting is definitely where it is at. I'm so glad the era of girls going to the gym and slinging 2.5 lbs dumbbells around is finally coming to an end!

Have Fun!