Easy vegetarian appetizers

Options
jaci34
jaci34 Posts: 225 Member
Hello....I'm going to a get together soon and was looking for good low cal easy vegetarian appetizer....if you could pass them my way that would be great!!!

Thanks!

Replies

• smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Take french bread, slice thin. You can toast if you want, I usually don't.
    Spread with light cream cheese
    Top with cucumber slices, paprika, and fresh dill.
  • jaci34
    jaci34 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Thanks, that sounds good!
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    If you have a food processor, combine: a bunch of red radishes, a little pepper, some fat free cream cheese and a dollop of prepared horseradish to make a really yummy (if you like radish) dip that goes super well (and is really pretty) with celery, bell peppers, snap peas and tomatoes.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    I take roma tomatoes, cut them lengthwise, seed them and place them cut side up on a foil covered baking dish. Spray them with olive oil cooking spray and then sprinkle with gralic powder and fresh ground pepper. Cook at 225 degrees for 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Just keep an eye on them as cooking times may vary by ovens. I like to serve them with some low fat feta cheese and kalamate olives.
  • ChinChinchilla
    Options
    I love making vitanameese spring rolls. Use the large rice paper wrappers available the the grocery store, soak in water and fill with shredded veggies -lettuce, raidsh, beets, carrot, green onion, mango, mint, and basil. The dip for them is one third fish sauce, one third honey (or agave nectar) one third fresh lemon juice and one fresh birdseye chilli diced. The rice paper is very sticky and only needs to be soaked in warm water for about 30 seconds and roll them up on top of a clean dish towel. Delish! If your intimidated by rice paper you can make them into lettuce cups or ontop of endive spears.