do i have too much fat on my stomach

Options
I really want lipo as I have a lot of fat around my belly. Whenever I grab my belly there's so much fat, like a big lump of it. Is it normal to have any fat at all around the belly or should there was very little. Is my belly big and does it look like I carry too much fat? I'm 31 inches around the small of my waist and 41 inches around the hips. I seem to be mostly loosing weight off my hips.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/95880573@N08/14064515067/

Replies

• BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    1. not to be a d*ck, but posting the same topic in 3 different boards is a no-no

2. people carry fat differently, i personally dont have much fat around my waist but have big ol man boobies

3. "big" is a relative term, i would say in your case no, there are definitely people on this site that are much bigger

4. dont do lipo. it is not a long term solution as you will more than likely just put the fat back on after surgery. learn good eating habits and start exercising
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    I guess the good old way of eating well and working out is too hard, huh?

:huh:
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Everyone carries fat differently - fat distribution is determined by genetics.

Lipo is a short term solution - if eating behaviours remain the same, the weight can come back.

If you wish for permanent fat loss, eat a sensible calorie deficit and strength train to preserve muscle mass.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    I really want lipo as I have a lot of fat around my belly. Whenever I grab my belly there's so much fat, like a big lump of it. Is it normal to have any fat at all around the belly or should there was very little. Is my belly big and does it look like I carry too much fat? I'm 31 inches around the small of my waist and 41 inches around the hips. I seem to be mostly loosing weight off my hips.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/95880573@N08/14064515067/

i clicked on the picture expecting to see a big giant belly. i didn't see what you see. i think that if you just eat at a deficit, and start exercising, combining both strength training and cardio, and be patient, you will see the loses you desire. it'll take time, but it'll happen.
  • _Calypso_
    _Calypso_ Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    As you eat better and move more the weight/fat will come off. But where is leaves first is different for everyone. I personally have a small waist, but carry fat/weight in my hips and thighs - that was the last place to shrink.

Your ticker says you've lost 3lbs with apx 32lbs to go..... Just stick to eating a deficit (eating healthier foods), move more and lift something heavy!! You'll see results without having to go under the knife!!
  • hbwright74
    hbwright74 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    To me it looks like you have a very proportional body. Which is a good thing. It takes time, patience and work. The scale is going to lie to you, heck the mirror is going to lie to you. It lies to me every day. Take pictures and measurements of yourself and use them to judge your progress. If you ask me, I am about 25 pounds lighter than I was in January, but I still look exactly the same when I look in the mirror.
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    There are places on your body where fat will more readily shed than others.
  • tayloryay
    tayloryay Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    It's absolutely normal to have a decent layer of fat on your belly as a woman. A lot of your vital organs are there, so the body stores fat there to cushion and protect them. Having a bit of a bump there (as in, not a "flat tummy") is perfectly normal, because there are organs in there!! You don't need to have a dangerous medical procedure (and yes any medical procedure can be dangerous) done because you don't look like a photoshopped model. The models don't even look like that in real life.
  • haleema93
    haleema93 Posts: 70
    Options
    i'm in the same situation where i have most of my fat on my stomach and hips. Nothing a change of diet and excercise cant reduce or get rid of.. Just takes abit of time.
    but cant expect to get rid of it overnight. It certainly didnt all pile up overnight !!!
  • Mylolamia
    Mylolamia Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    You have lost two pounds and still have 32 to go. Give yourself a chance by eating right and exercise and you will see a big difference. Don't give up.
  • dammitjanet0161
    dammitjanet0161 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    After seeing your other posts from the last day or two you seem to have a poor body image and quite unrealistic expectations of how much weight you need to lose and how quickly it will come off.

Just log accurately (even though your profile says you won't be assed to fill in the diary every day, it really helps) and please try to chill out and be patient!
  • MagnumBurrito
    MagnumBurrito Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    I think you have normal and well distributed BF. A year of lifting and a diet right below maintenance, you could have abs.

And all surgeries carry risk. Kayne West's mom died during a Lipo operation.
  • readthat
    readthat Posts: 136
    Options
    I have known a few people that have had lipo and because they didn't change anything else, the fat came back in different areas. One said she would never do it again, because now she has a new problem area.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I agree with most of the comments, but somehow I think "eat right and work harder" is not the answer she was looking for.

Hopefully I'm wrong.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    I guess the good old way of eating well and working out is too hard, huh?

:huh:

Seriously. You're 22. Have you even TRIED to cut back on the calories and maybe work out?

Liposuction is just as dangerous as ANY surgery. Don't go under any knife unless you are trying to save your life. YOu kids just want it all yesterday without any of the work.

Nothing personal but it's true.
  • LoveMyLife_NYC
    LoveMyLife_NYC Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    According to another one of your recent posts, you've only been at this for a month. Unless you only have one or two pounds to lose, no one hits their goal in a month. After reading some of your recent posts, you seem to have a really negative self-image. Until you work on that, you're probably going to be unhappy no matter your progress. Maybe instead of focusing on weight loss, you can find a different goal, like running a 5k or lifting a certain amount of weight.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    This photo is private. Oops! You don't have permission to view this photo.

I guess the OP got all the opinions she was looking for. :flowerforyou: