Help for prune boobs

2»

Replies

• Anelda
    Anelda Posts: 99 Member
    Breast slippage sounds like a bra fit issue. I wear balconette and plunge bras and I never slip out.

As for fixes on deflated, pruny breasts, other than gaining weight back, there's not much you can do to fill the girls out again. Breasts are mammary tissue that are surrounded by adipose to protect the mammary glands. The mammary tissue amount pretty much stays the same throughout life unless you're breastfeeding and of course, the fat content of your breasts changes with weight gain/loss.

I have gone from a very large cup (I don't know the size since I was wearing ill fitting bras) but now I am in a 32DD and I hate my breasts. I use creams and lotions and I have been weight training for 2 years. Hell, I can see my pectorals when I flex them but they don't help with lifting the breast or filling out the skin.

Because of that, I have decided that the best option for me is to get a breast lift. It may not be the best option for others, but I want my breasts to be perky and to have a nice shape.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    I should add that they measured me as a 36 B OR a 34 D and the coverage I get with the D is a lot better than the B, even though they both technically "fit" Try going down a band size and up a cup.
  • oiseau17
    oiseau17 Posts: 142 Member
    OP, you're not alone! I too have what've I've dubbed "liqua-boobs" after 3.5 years of breastfeeding and +80 lbs lost. I've been through the bra fittings and beautiful $65 bras, with no luck. I have yet to find a bra made for liqua-boobs and I have completely exhausted the poor ladies at Nordstrom while trying ever style in stock. For now, I've just accepted the state of my breasts, switched to bralettes (not as flattering, but I don't fall out) and even go braless sometimes :p I'm sending you more luck than I had and at least it's nice to know I'm not alone.
  • madworld1
    madworld1 Posts: 524
    The other posters are right... surgery is the only true fix for the extra skin. Nonsurgical help includes chest/pec exercises & skin care like the others mentioned.

I was going to go see a plastic surgeon, but I opted out after a lot of research. Lifts can leave pretty bad scars due to a number of factors including an unskilled surgeon and the way your body heals. Some women don't mind the scars & others have truly regretted it.

For now, surgery isn't for me. Not sure if it ever will be-maybe if they come up with a scarless surgery. Of course, by then I will probably be too old to even care. Haha.

The way I see it, aging is inevitable--saggy boobs and all. ;) I just do what I can to take care of my body & try my best to accept my flaws.
  • holothuroidea
    holothuroidea Posts: 772 Member
    Vigorous motorboating? Just a thought.

Yep. It sounds like you have normal, healthy, functioning breasts. You just need some time to adjust and learn to appreciate them in their new post-weightloss state. Motorboating is a pretty great breast appreciation exercise.

As far as slippage out of your bra, maybe consider switching to a new style of bra? Now that you're smaller, bralettes or half-camisoles might be more comfortable. I've always been smaller breasted and bras with cups never worked for me even before I gained some extra skin there.
  • IcanIwill1
    IcanIwill1 Posts: 137 Member
    I should add that they measured me as a 36 B OR a 34 D and the coverage I get with the D is a lot better than the B, even though they both technically "fit" Try going down a band size and up a cup.
    It should have been 36C or 34D
    The same breast size (breast itself not the bra) will into a cup that is a 38B, 36C, 34D, 32DD...you get the drift.
    So if you go up one band size, the same breast will fit into the next cup size down.
    conversely the same breast if you go one size cup down will take the next cup size up.

There are two components to bra sizes. The cup size for the breast itself, and the band size for the measurement around the torso.
    Also its not a straight circumference round the torso, to get the band size, there is some math involved,
    Sorry, I need to go for my walk, it will take too long to explain, and rain is threatened

The 36B cup fitted badly because, the B cup is too small, even if the band size, was somewhat OK around your torso.
  • BajaDreamin333
    BajaDreamin333 Posts: 267 Member
    I can't help but notice there a lot of negative comments about surgery. First, it's not for everyone and is a serious decision. But it can change a persons' life, so I think some open minded attitude is in Order.

I weighted 245 lbs. and was a size 22. I got down to 170, size 14, on my own doing it slowly and safely. But no matter how much I worked out or lost more weight, I still had a huge fold of belly fat. It was standing between me and the thin, fit person I was inside. So I underwent a tummy tuck - not for the faint of heart by any means, but the results were amazing. Now 10 years later as I take my fitness and body to the next level, I have a flat, defined stomach. That's huge in my personal journey and a roll of fatty skin would not make that possible, no matter how many sit ups I do. So don't discount going under the knife so fast. It is sometimes the only way to see results, and if those results are important to the person who owns that body, there should be no harsh judgement.
  • lemon629
    lemon629 Posts: 501 Member
    You probably just need a better fitting bra. Go to a good department store's lingerie department (do NOT go to Victoria's Secret) for a fitting. They can also tell you what styles work for your breasts. Different styles (plunge, full coverage, demi, balconnet, molded cup) have different effects. Some may work better for you than others.
  • elliej
    elliej Posts: 466 Member
    If you're 110lb it's unlikely that you're a 34 back... that may be why you're finding your bras don't support you well. To give you some context I'm 119lb and a 30F. Do you have a Bravissimo store near you? They sight size you instead of the old fashioned and inaccurate tape measure. If not, go to another store and try on a bunch of sizes, 34B,32C, 32D - remember that when you buy a bra it should be on the loosest setting so that as it stretches from wash/wear it still fits you. Also remember that different bra shapes will fit you differently.
  • TammyVieu
    TammyVieu Posts: 121 Member
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    food to increase breast size? did i really just read that. what kind of food melons?

and let me guess to make a larger hmmm haaaa i should eat cucumbers ?
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Heavy lifting for the pecs, can help fill out the skin and tighten all over. Unfortunately if that doesn't work, surgery is the most common option. A lift is a smaller implant that gets rid of the sag and looks more natural. Boob loss isn't always about rapid weight loss, if you gained your weight in your chest then it will happen.

Nope, a small implant is still an implant. A lift without augmentation is the PS literally just taking stuff up an inch or so, but it doesn't fill the breasts out. I saw pictures when I went to my PS, and decided it wasn't worth the money. I am, however, getting a TT in two weeks to correct my Diastasis recti and get rid of the little bit of loose skin I have, and once I recover I plan on gaining back 10-15 pounds. My tummy won't fill out with jiggly fat, but my boobs will bounce back a little. :)

And properly fitting yourself for a bra is crucial. Check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Jk55ep4XUQ
  • sprintto50
    sprintto50 Posts: 410 Member
    I call this a "tennis ball in a sock". I found that once my weight loss leveled out, it improved a bit. A good bra fitting and good bras make the world of difference. A good bra costs me $55-$85 CAN$, but I am work it. The difference in my look than when I wear a cheapie bra is astounding.
  • Jenni129
    Jenni129 Posts: 692 Member
    I'm thinking you need to be re-sized by someone who knows how to do it right (as others have mentioned). I know when I was 110 pounds, all I needed was a sports bra. The extra coverage shouldn't allow anything to slip out. Or check out Victoria's Secret. You can always get their perfect coverage instead of a demi for instance. They also sell shirts with bras built right into them.
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Lots of chest exercises :smile: working on your pecs might make your breasts look fuller and pull them up a bit

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/a-girls-gotta-bench-chest-workout-and-training-tips.html
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Pec exercises only do so much. A good bra will help you but when the bra comes off...well...there the saggy girls are. Surgery is really what will make the difference. I'm not against plastic surgery to improve one's appearance so long as it's done because *you* want it, you've researched the doctor doing the procedure and you know the risks/ benefits.
  • Chickee8586
    Chickee8586 Posts: 155 Member
    food to increase breast size? did i really just read that. what kind of food melons?

and let me guess to make a larger hmmm haaaa i should eat cucumbers ?

Oh Geez, I was thinking the same thing about the first part.

Just not the second part, cuz I'm not a guy. :laugh: