What to wear in Summer?

Options
I'm size 18 and have problems with my legs as my thighs rub I can't wear skirt's or dresses as it hurts so much I always wear trousers. So for summer what could I wear under dresses and skirts? I was thinking 3/4 length leggings or tights but I may get to hot!

Any ideas? thanks x

Replies

• ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Bodyglide. Then you can still wear skirts and dresses.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Here are some good (and some weird) ideas:

http://www.xojane.com/healthy/chub-rub-thigh-chafing-solutions
  • kaylajane11
    kaylajane11 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I always put deodorant on my inner thighs when wearing dresses. It helps a lot.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    How about bike shorts? Assuming your skirt is long enough to cover them. Should work. FWIW I used to have that problem when I was in my late teens, but somehow it went away in my 20's even though I got heavier. Best of luck!

Oh...I do full length or capri length leggings with shorter skirts for work, and I don't really get too hot if they are a thinner fabric...I do it to hide the spider bite scar and tattoo on my calf, though.
  • JessBarnes1991
    JessBarnes1991 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies! The bodyglide looks good and i'll be getting some bike shorts soon as I wore them last year xx
  • ianthy
    ianthy Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    What about cullotes - not sure of the spelling - basically trousers that finish at the knees. They look really nice for the summer esp if they are loose and almost look like a skirt. No chaffing on the thighs etc.,