Can't seem to lose

Options
I am struggling to lose it seems that I have hit a plateau haven't lost anything for 3months . Can anyone help

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Open your diary.
    Are you weighing all your food?
    Do you workout?
    Do you have your calories calculated correctly?
    Are you logging exercise accurately?
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    If you're stuck in a plateau, something needs to change to get you out of it. How many calories/day are you eating? Also, how do you exercise?

Allan
  • sandracreynolds
    sandracreynolds Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi Allan
    I'm on 1200 cals a day but sometimes I don't always eat all .at the moment finding it hard to exercise got a promblem with my knee .if you can advise that would be great
  • sandracreynolds
    Options
    Hi
    I have sent you a friends request perhaps you could view my food diary . At the moment I don't exercise I'm having a promblem with my knee I do weigh and measure. I have been on SW and lost but I have just reach a plateau and can't seem to lose now I record everything onto MFP. And post the calories that they workout
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    a plateau is from eating at maintenance

you are either under estimating intake or over estimating output.
  • sandracreynolds
    Options
    Sorry could you explain this at the moment I'm on 1200 a day I weigh and measure and don't always eat all my allowed calories
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I am struggling to lose it seems that I have hit a plateau haven't lost anything for 3months . Can anyone help

I looks like you are very close to goal weight. Those last few pounds are very difficult!!! Personally I think 1200 calories a day is not enough. You may want to try upping your calories a bit to see if that helps. Sounds silly but sometimes eating at maintenance for awhile helps. Also, I understand you have a bad knee. Is there anything else you can do? Is a walking programs out of the question? You may also benefit greatly from a strength training program. Check with your Doctor first.

Other things to check -
    Are you logging accurately and consistently?

Hang in there, it takes patience!!
  • tryett
    tryett Posts: 530 Member
    Options

I looks like you are very close to goal weight. Those last few pounds are very difficult!!! Personally I think 1200 calories a day is not enough. You may want to try upping your calories a bit to see if that helps. Sounds silly but sometimes eating at maintenance for awhile helps. Also, I understand you have a bad knee. Is there anything else you can do? Is a walking programs out of the question? You may also benefit greatly from a strength training program. Check with your Doctor first.

Other things to check -
    Are you logging accurately and consistently?

Hang in there, it takes patience!!

^this. Log everything, weigh everything and increase your calories.
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    I would suggest aiming to lose 0.5 pounds a week.

Since you have 1200 calories as your limit, that means MFP reached the minimum number of calories it allows.

Given you age, weight, and gender (don't know your height), it is not out of the question to imagine your numbers being rather low overall.

For you, you'll need to figure out what your TDEE is (without exercise added in) and then subtract 250 from that to find the number of calories you should be aiming for in a day.

When it comes to measuring, do you use weight or volume? Volume measurements are incredibly inaccurate. Cereal for example typically is off by 50% (so a 150 calorie cereal by volume is actually 225 calories by weight).
  • absolament
    absolament Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    In my experience, it's easy to plateau when you are close to your target (ideal) weight. It's as if the body doesn't want to lose those "last 10 pounds". When I worked to increase exercise and decrease calories close to my "ideal" weight, I got irritable, tired, and overall seemed unhealthy. It actually seemed like I was more flabby, too. So I changed my approach. I ate more (somewhere between 100 - 300 calories of nutritious whole food) and changed to primarily muscle building exercises. I actually gained weight, but lost fat. I feel so energetic and even my super health conscious friend said I look healthy now and is pleased with my progress. In my opinion: Don't judge by weight/size alone. As long as you are eating right and exercising regularly, you will be healthy. But if you are looking for a particular size, then it will be a battle. Just look at all the stuff models/bodybuilders go through. Ask yourself: Is that your goal? If it's that hard to attain, is it natural? For me, it's all about being as natural as I can be. It might be different for you. So my perspective is one of listening to my body and doing what's right for it rather than reaching any particular size. Good luck in which ever route you take.
  • sandracreynolds
    Options
    Yes dawn I would that would be great. Thanks Sandra
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Yes dawn I would that would be great. Thanks Sandra

Nooooo!! Do not waste your money on Dawn's magic nonsense. She's just trying to sell you worthless crap. You can do this without wasting your money on quick fixes.
  • sandracreynolds
    Options
    Ok thanks I thought their maybe a catch