African Mango Bush pills? Do they work?

Options
124»

Replies

• dmenchac
    dmenchac Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Hello I am a Nigerian Prince. PM me for details.
  • ToxicNudibranch
    ToxicNudibranch Posts: 4 Member
    Options

Greetings, your esteemed highness! Are you interested in purchasing a bridge? How about working at home and making $10k a week?
  • Tina1737
    Tina1737 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    <banging my head on my desk> Why do people continue to post things like this? Do they need attention or something?
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    sounds like a pile of African Mango Bull****.

Thanks for the LOL's!
  • prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Sounds too scary to try!!! LOL
  • dmenchac
    dmenchac Posts: 447 Member
    Options

Greetings, your esteemed highness! Are you interested in purchasing a bridge? How about working at home and making $10k a week?

I need to transfer the sum of ten thousand thousand (10.000.000 USD) to a United States bank account.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    This is a zombie thread that someone bumped up. I wish people would open new threads instead of bumping up old threads.
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    save your money, I've tried it and it made me ill
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Find a better gym.

but i love my gym!<3

If the manager at the gym thinks a pill is leading to weight loss they really need to get into a new line of work.

I mean i guess the manager is trying to push them because they sell them at the gym. my gym sells a whole bunch of other crap that is way more expensive (like the latest trend: green coffee beans, and things like weight loss shakes, brazillian body pills something, etc) that she personally told me she tried and doesn't work so not to buy them. However this one thing she was really adamant about lol She swears that this product personally helped her to lose like 50lbs along with a modified diet and alot of exersize.

IDK i never was one to fall for things like this... but i guess i'm just really eager to lose this weight as fast as possible. aren't we all though? lol *sigh*
    NO. I want to lose weight as slowly as I did in the past 50 lbs in 6 months because I kept it off for years and it was still no less of a "surprise" to everyone. We dont' see people as often as we think. It will still be impressive no matter how long it takes to do it the natural and healthy and not to mention cheaper and less ridiculous way.

Please promise me you will stay away from her mangoes and her bush and her pills and her african too. Please!

I can relate to this. I don't want to lose weight fast because I'd rather drag it out and have firm sexy skin than risk the sagging.

The only magic pill you need is a head of cauliflower. That stuff is nutrient dense and really works wonders on the skin!

If you're hell bent on taking a pill, do a multi-vitamin. That will reduce your risk of cravings based on a deficiency.
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    It's totally legit. Personally, I lost all of my weight so far through a special breathing method. If you want to send me $19.99, I can show you how to do this breathing method.

Edited to say: Some people don't catch sarcasm. Don't fall for gimmicks.
    Please don't tell me that anyone sent you a message asking how it worked? :laugh:
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I think you should do a search on the Success Stories section and you will find great before and after pics plus great descriptions of what people did to reach "success" I did this when I first started on MFP about 6 months ago and it was a great motivator. Not a mention of African Mango Bush pills but lots of useful information! Yes, they all worked hard but none of them mentioned it being torture either.

Keep your money for cute gym outfits and other new clothes after you lose weight!
  • martinel2099
    martinel2099 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Waste of money, there's no magic weight loss pill. You will lose weight if you create a calorie deficit, that simple. Make sure you measure and weigh everything appropriately and you'll watch the pounds melt off with time.

I used to want a magic pill to lose weight because I thought it was impossible to lose weight (everything I tried was failing). But you know what I wasn't doing? I wasn't watching my calorie intake, and the moment i started the lbs started coming off easy. No gimmicks, no special foods, no meal plans, noda.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    lmao African Mango Bush pills? Big pharma must be getting bored :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • rondaj05
    rondaj05 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    That just sounds like something I would not want to consume? It brings strange images to my mind?!?! Weird psychedelic images involving, bush people, peoples bushes, african fabrics and mango jewelry, jewelry made of pills, pills made of the mango seeds, jewelry made of the mango seeds, jewelry made of peoples bushes, and just an ever devolving slew and just a strange barrage of oddness? Mango bush just has a strange vajay jay connotation to it, no? Am I the only one? I dno ever since youtube lets anyone say anything about what any country might put into pill form i'm just leery of the whole slew of things ground up and encapsulated.

http:www//superchefblog.com/images/BushMango.gif ]
    http://www.superchefblog.com/images/bushmango_266dpi360x240pxl.png
    http://www.joshuaproject.net/profiles/photos/p13663.jpg
    http://www.rugsandblinds.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/mango_design_jewelry.jpg

+1 :laugh:
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    So the manager at my gym SWARES by them so i am considering taking them to "speed up" my weight loss efforts.

Does anyone take these pill? or have tried them in the past? do they actually work well with diet and exercise? do they suck? are they harmful to your health? I've been researching and am getting wonderful stories but I want the dirt on this product not the hype. Tell me everything you know.

Totally work, buy two cases, because after the first one, you'll be sold for life.
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    I have read this post and the comments and I'm going to pipe up as someone who is very heavy and has pain concerns.

When it comes to diet pills being sold by your gym, I'd definitely wonder about the gym's intentions. Giving you MFP is great and all but if they really believed that MFP was a great tool and all you needed, then they wouldn't push pills. Most "diet" pills work by creating a reaction in your stomach that either makes you feel too sick to eat, or fills your stomach/creates the full feeling with substances like chalk. This is not BS, this is a common diet pill tactic, to have an "inactive ingredient" of chalk, coupled with active ingredients like caffeine. Even if there is a mango extract in it, the likelihood that it has a bioavailability at a level high enough to have any results be directly related to that extract is minimal.

As for eating real mangos, you should! They are delicious and good nutrient sources. I honestly don't know why people buy things that are derivatives of raspberries and blueberries and other fruits, other than perhaps the claim that you get 400% of a serving in each pill! Of course, that 400% could very well be in said pill, but our bodies don't just hold onto a pill in our stomach and suck on it all day. You'll poop out most of that 400% anyway.

When it comes to dietary aids, if you really feel you need that help, it's a discussion for you to have with your physician. Most people who are at the point of medical intervention will be actively approached by their physician anyway. If your doctor hasn't brought it up, odds are, you're doing just fine.

Sounds to me that you're worrying ahead of schedule about a situation that may not even occur, and that's going to cause you more stress than it's worth. Five pounds a week is pretty high, even when you have a lot to lose, so you should expect it to slow from that after a couple weeks; that doesn't mean it's the end of the world.

Also, I promise you, losing the weight fast is NOT going to instantly make your knees stop hurting. Your body needs time to readjust to the lighter weight just as it did to the heavier weight. Going slow gives you the ability to progressively build stability and strength in your legs. A great way to combat knee pain is to work on strengthening your upper legs, glutes and abs. Only use braces if they are recommended by a PT or your doctor, because they can, in fact, cause your ligaments to become weaker, as they will be less called upon to support your weight. Lots of knee pain in the overweight is caused not by arthritis and pressure, but rather the instability of the knee due to muscle de-conditioning. Weight-bearing exercise and leg lifting regimens can greatly help.
  • BellydanceBliss
    Options
    So the manager at my gym SWARES by them so i am considering taking them to "speed up" my weight loss efforts.

Does anyone take these pill? or have tried them in the past? do they actually work well with diet and exercise? do they suck? are they harmful to your health? I've been researching and am getting wonderful stories but I want the dirt on this product not the hype. Tell me everything you know.

this was my response to another post but i think it fits

May 23, 2014 8:56 AM
    I have gone through several cycles of this. My biggest gain ended me up at 425 i think is what the scale said it might have been more like 428...point is I was very very large and on a 5ft 3 frame. the weight didnt start coming off no matter what I did until I started to deal with some of my issues inside. When one changes the ideals in ones brain about themselves and releases old hurt and pain...it comes off and stays off. It stays off because you are no longer in a constant battle with yourself. I as a whole eat very healthy now...carrots instead of chips. But I do have chips, pizza, anything I want, even candy. I just dont gorge on it...I dont even measure servings anymore. I dont mark my food on here. I used to and it drove me crazy all the numbers etc. lol So I just do my own thing and I seem to lose a pretty steady amount of weight. I am constantly moving my body...somedays are more than others...I just choose to enjoy myself losing the weight and enjoy the exercise I do...My main chosen exercise is belly dance and kettlebell. I do many other things and just because I can now. lol

My advice is...learn to fall in love with yourself. Then learn how to honor yourself...yourself being your "being". Then this transition to lose the weight will be pleasurable, not a thorn in your side and you will have fun eating whats right for your body and have fun eating fun things like pizza, pasta, ice cream...and exercising.

Be blessed.

P.S. I want to make it clear I eat ALL day long...lol I am never hungry.
    Edited by BellydanceBliss On May 23, 2014 9:02 AM
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    they actually just make you grow a huge bush. so if you are into that 1970s look go for it! but no seriously, all supplements are just to make money. none of them really work. the person at your gym is probably repping the company. don't waste your money.
  • SoLongAndThanksForAllTheFish
    Options
    Well The Zohan uses these, its all about the bush baby ;)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poOZKQwgs0g
  • AlwaysBigSteve
    AlwaysBigSteve Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Nope. There is no magic pill for weight loss, sorry.