What HRM do you recommend? I was thinking of the Suunto M5.

Options
Hello:

I'm not liking my current HRM. It doesn't have a chest strap, and requires the user to push a button on the watch for a read out. Oftentimes, it doesn't provide a read-out.

I've decided the start the new year with a new HRM. Any recommendations? I was thinking of the Suunto M5. It has a nice large read-out and the reviews have been good. But, I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks!!

Replies

• Jamiebee24
    Jamiebee24 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I have the polar ft7 and LOVE it.
  • elainegsd
    elainegsd Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I'm not familiar with the Suunto M5, but I have the Suunto T4 and couldn't be more thrilled with it. The chest strap is comfortable, and the watch is reasonably intuitive. It keeps track of calories burned, workout time, current heart rate, heart rate range, and has functionality I haven't even tapped into yet (Coach, Training Effect, etc.)

It was an incentive gift from work, so I didn't have a choice of brand or model and didn't purchase this based on research or comparison shopping as I typically do.
  • sarah2harris
    sarah2harris Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have a SUUNTO heart rate monitor and I really like it. I can't think of a single complaint I have about it.
  • trixieflow
    trixieflow Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    i have the polar ft4 and it seems fine, too.
    it's soooo nice to be able to glance down during your workout.
    happy shopping!
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Santa brought ne a Beurer PM70 with chest strap and speedbox( for running) it is a german make, has fantastic software that links to my pc and I gotta tell ya I LOVE IT, however the only drawback for me is that I earn loads less calories than MFP awards!!!! I was eating way more cals before ......:(