Perfect on Plan and No Loss :-(

Options

Replies

• xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    How are you today? I just wanted to introduce myself and say that I would LOVE to support you on your fitness journey. I am a certified fitness coach who is here to help individuals achieve their goals. If you'd like to know more, I'd love to chat!

0 lbs lost, 36 lbs to go, and you're a certified fitness coach?

You might want to hire a fitness coach.
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    Looking at your diary, you eat a lot of processed foods, most of which contain ingredients that our bodies do not recognize and get stored as fat. On a side note, I'm personally a starchivore, 60-80% of my calories come from complex carbs. Our bodies need carbs for energy but not the crappy carbs like processed breads and junk food, but healthy carbs from fruits, veggies, rice, beans, legumes, etc... Read the book The Starch Solution. Good luck!

I'm glad this is working for you. But it really comes down to your deficit. You're right in some ways but very wrong in others, many of the elite athletes and body builders here eat a certain amount of so called 'forbidden foods'.

You really have to be very careful cutting out food groups. They will come back and bite you in the butt eventually, and you'll binge and give up. Better to incorporate everything in good measures. Believe me, I've been at this for 25 years and am finally now an advanced athlete with low body fat and no cravings that lead to disaster.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Not at this time, I do not but I bet if you researched yourself you could find it ;)
    Looking at your diary, you eat a lot of processed foods, most of which contain ingredients that our bodies do not recognize and get stored as fat.

Do you have any peer reviewed research references supporting this claim of yours?

It's rather spurious.

Sorry Charlie, you can't come in and spout fake facts and expect others to do the footwork for you. You know that the part in bold is inaccurate, and it's very unfair for you to tell someone who may not know better something so patently false.

It's either cruel, or you don't know any better yourself, and this message should set you straight. :) General freshman level chem and bio classes basically invalidate your bolded claim. (PS - you can quickly find the info you need for your elucidation at scholar.google.com)
  • dbmata
    Options
    What ingredients is it our bodies do not recognize? Please don't tell me to look it up myself. You made the claim, you should be able to back up your claims. Are you also saying that carbs like bread and other things don't provide us with energy?

Ho ho ho ho ho. You caught that BS line too eh? :D
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Two weeks of perfect Low Carb healthy eating. No loss. I'm losing motivation. Any thoughts?

Two weeks is insufficient time to judge weightloss. Your body can naturally fluctuate up and down 5 pounds in weight due to things like water retention. In two weeks it is quite possible that you have lost 2 pounds of fat but yet also retained 2 pounds of water.

Give it two months, then evaluate.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Looking at your diary, you eat a lot of processed foods, most of which contain ingredients that our bodies do not recognize and get stored as fat. On a side note, I'm personally a starchivore, 60-80% of my calories come from complex carbs. Our bodies need carbs for energy but not the crappy carbs like processed breads and junk food, but healthy carbs from fruits, veggies, rice, beans, legumes, etc... Read the book The Starch Solution. Good luck!

Well that is a load of crap. Ingredients your body "does not recognize" and yet somehow end up becoming fat, something that your body very much recognizes. How does that work exactly?

OP simply comes down to the fact that 2 weeks is never enough time to evaluate the success of a diet. If you start second guessing what you are doing every time you don't lose weight over a two week period you will get no where. If you are confident in your approach just stick with it for a few months and if it still isn't working then it is time to re-evaluate.
  • Yagisama
    Yagisama Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Body does not recognize but someone transforms it into fat. Yeah, that's a first for me.
  • dbmata
    Options
    Body does not recognize but someone transforms it into fat. Yeah, that's a first for me.

You know, the four of us are being unfair, and we should just look it up.

WE MIGHT LEARN SOMETHING.

g1330659808651893817.jpg
  • jj_jupiter
    jj_jupiter Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Looking at your diary, it's far from perfect. Too much fast food. No fruit, whole grains, or vegetables. It is very difficult to track calories when eating out. Try eating 5 small homemade meals a day. Real food. If you can stick with it, your palate will adjust.

If you must eat out, I've found chile's guiltless entrees are a good option although loaded with sodium.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    FWIW, I don't trust restaurant food, even when they provide nutrition information. Most kitchens don't measure anything. Some use premeasured ingredients, but even then I wonder about the margin of error on the measurements. That doesn't mean I don't eat out, but it does mean I never assume I know exactly what I'm getting. Especially soups. Nothing is as accurate as preparing (and weighing) your own food at home. Good luck!
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Its-magic....gif
  • kcoston101
    kcoston101 Posts: 14
    Options
    Jumping on the bandwagon here, but seriously, thats a lot of fast food in your diet. I slip up and eat fast food sometimes too, it's hard when I'm on the run all day everyday, but you also have a really high calorie limit everyday. Are you sure you put your information in correctly? You may want to go through your profile info and make sure.
  • Yagisama
    Yagisama Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    The advantage of a fast food diet is that it should be REALLY easy to log calories, etc. The most you'd have to do is weight things like fries where they could be some variability.
  • markja
    markja Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I didn't lose a single pound in April. The numbers all worked but the scale didn't care. Then, first weigh in of May, I dropped 4lbs. Just be persistent. Besides, a scale is machine that lays on the floor and waits to be stepped on. Would that piss you off? It would irritate the fire out of me and I would tell people they weighed whatever I wanted to tell them. Scales have attitude problems. If they were people, they would be gang bangers, punks who lack a for real male role model. Talk about inferiority complex! Consider the source and don't let it bother you.
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    I didn't lose a single pound in April. The numbers all worked but the scale didn't care. Then, first weigh in of May, I dropped 4lbs. Just be persistent. Besides, a scale is machine that lays on the floor and waits to be stepped on. Would that piss you off? It would irritate the fire out of me and I would tell people they weighed whatever I wanted to tell them. Scales have attitude problems. If they were people, they would be gang bangers, punks who lack a for real male role model. Talk about inferiority complex! Consider the source and don't let it bother you.

Haha you're bonkers! Brilliant!

Seriously though, that happened to me, I was doing the math perfectly and stalled for weeks (on both cuts), then sudden drop to exactly where I should have been. It actually made me over cut. I believe it's a theory called the woosh effect that Lyle MacDonald recognises. Google it, it's very interesting.

Dieting and eating out do NOT go hand in hand.
  • bexcobham
    bexcobham Posts: 107
    Options

It must be lonely being a set of scales and have everyone hating you. No sympathy from me however!

Weight loss isn't always linear. Some people drop a pound or two a week, whilst others will stall and then lose 5 pounds over the course of a week. I'm no expert, but it seems like people respond diffrently to losing weigh with a calorie deficit and increasing their exercise.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    How are you today? I just wanted to introduce myself and say that I would LOVE to support you on your fitness journey. I am a certified fitness coach who is here to help individuals achieve their goals. If you'd like to know more, I'd love to chat!

0 lbs lost, 36 lbs to go, and you're a certified fitness coach?

You might want to hire a fitness coach.

OMG! Bwahahahaha! :devil:
  • MsPudding
    MsPudding Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    It seems to me that your diet is almost exclusively eating out and when you eat out you have no control over what went into the food that you're putting in your mouth. I'd bet that if you reverted to cooking for yourself with basic ingredients that you weigh, in grams, on a digital kitchen scale you'll start to find that weight comes off.
  • jodyblanchard
    jodyblanchard Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Two weeks of perfect Low Carb healthy eating. No loss. I'm losing motivation. Any thoughts?

It's been just a couple weeks.

How do you know PERFECT? Have you weighed everything and kept full datasets?

How can you be successful without commitment? Losing motivation after 2 weeks, when many times it takes months to cause any real change may be an indicator that you should review your commitment, and really think about why you are doing what you are doing.

I'm so sorry, it's not my first two weeks. It's my first two weeks without a loss of some sort. I apologize for not being clear. And I haven't lost my commitment at all. I was just a bit frustrated. Thank you for your response, though.