Last minute advice to look fabulous please!

Options
Jen_ht
Jen_ht Posts: 99 Member
So I have a wedding reception to attend with my boyfriend in 3 days :) We've been together 4 years but due to his shift work we don't get to go to these things together very often. I've been putting a little extra effort these last 3 weeks to try and look pretty in a dress. Including:
Walking to and from work 5 days a week (8 miles-ish a day)
Power yoga once a week
Cutting down my portions and snacking etc.

I've had some bad days and non-logged days - my nana passed away recently so some days I indulged myself - but always got back on the horse pretty quick. According to the scales this morning I've not done as well as I had hoped, but in the 3 days I've got left I'd like to make sure I can avoid bloating for d-day (dress day!)

Any advice is really welcome - what to avoid eating, how much water should I consume, any particular exercise that is good for ridding myself of excess water weight?? Anything that's awesome to eat or drink that will keep away hunger?!

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I'd really just watch the salt intake. Salt is the number 1 cause of me bloating up, so if you are the same, then avoiding the sodium bloat is about the best you can aim for
  • Jen_ht
    Options
    Thanks guys - yes I'd heard about salt so will keep an eye on it.

I know the scale doesn't show but I feel like my stomach is more pulled in than it used to be and my waist is more defined. I stupidly didn't take pictures when I started so don't know if it's in my head or actually happening!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Some may disagree with me, but there aren't a whole lot of (healthy) things you can do in three days. It sounds like you've made a lot of progress, so I say just slap that baby on and enjoy the fact that you're in better shape than three weeks ago.

i wouldn't disagree with you.
  • lucylousmummy
    lucylousmummy Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Some may disagree with me, but there aren't a whole lot of (healthy) things you can do in three days. It sounds like you've made a lot of progress, so I say just slap that baby on and enjoy the fact that you're in better shape than three weeks ago.

^^this^^ and please remember that often we are our own worst judges, just go and enjoy yourself and try not to worry about what you look like, because while you may think you look terrible other people may think you look awesome :flowerforyou:
  • andylowry
    andylowry Posts: 89
    Options
    Not enough time to do anything really effective, so just go and enjoy yourself. I'd be willing to bet you're not the biggest person there. :wink:
  • Jen_ht
    Options
    Not enough time to do anything really effective, so just go and enjoy yourself. I'd be willing to bet you're not the biggest person there. :wink:

This may be true....nearly everyone there works in the food/catering/restaurant trade and loves their food!

Thanks guys - you're making me feel much better. I'll just make sure I get a dress that's really flattering :wink:
  • Crawfie16
    Crawfie16 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi Jen, Could you cut back on your carbs until the day of the wedding? You would lose some water which should help with any bloat. Have a lovely time whatever you do.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Salt, as others said, but there is always the combination of a strategically designed dress and a body shaper.

You could do some arm strength workouts right before you shower to get ready. It fakes a slightly more toned up look due to blood flow (which you can improve further with subtle and clever body makeup).

Those are my personal tricks, but then again, I'm MUCH bigger than you and you may not need any of these.
  • LC458
    LC458 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/350661-jillian-michaels-shed-5lbs-of-water-weight-in-7-days-the

I never tried it but a simple google search and up popped this ^^^
    In line with the others though that what you've described your efforts for a more fit and active lifestyle sound really good. I hope you keep it up and have a fabulous time. :flowerforyou:

Edit: I can't spell this early in the a.m.
  • grim_streaker
    grim_streaker Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    SMILE :) might not be a quickfix for being fab, but makes every women sooooo much more pretty
  • kk_140
    kk_140 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Lots and lots of water and low sodium!
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Have a facial, get your hair done nice. Stand tall, Spanx if you feel the need.

3 days isn't enough time to do anything dramatic, but if you have confidence and feel good, people will notice that!
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    spanx are also wonderful for times like this. They just keep everything in place.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Buy a dress you love and lipstick that makes you strut your stuff.

That's the best thing you can do for yourself in the next three days.

Seriously- go forth- look fierce and forget about doing any thing crazy between then and now. :)
  • TKhamvongsa
    TKhamvongsa Posts: 287
    Options
    Decrease salt intake, find a great fitting dress, buy reasonably high but comfortable shoes (the taller you are, the thinner you look plus these naturally bring out your leg muscles) - perhaps do a face mask/go get pampered with a hair stylist/nail technician or just paint your nails yourself and I think you're good to go! Confidence is key!!
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    Watch the salt, drink plenty of water, and get plenty of sleep. Avoid sunburn. =)
  • aNewYear123
    aNewYear123 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    To look fabulous stand up straight and smile.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    To look fabulous stand up straight and smile.

Great advice!!!
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    binge and purge.
    don't drink any water, except for 8 oz a day.
    wear a sweat suite and run at least 3 miles each day.

and if you are still alive in 3 days....YAY!!!!
    The best u will look. :smile:

and yes, if you are able, stand up straight.
  • ruthejp13
    ruthejp13 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I wish I had kept the article but YES there are things you can do in 3 days. No, you're not going to lose a bunch of weight or gain a bunch of tone but food makes your body fluctuate in bloat.

TODAY: Eat as much natural vegetable fiber as you can - broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower.
    Tomorrow: Don't eat gassy fiber vegetables such as broccoli, cabbage and cauliflower. Do eat lettuce and oil & vinegar dressing.
    Tomorrow and before the event. Don't eat any carbs (other than the lettuce) and drink lots of water and some tea & coffee. Don't be afraid of eating fat.

You will lose some waste, air and water weight.

Do sit-ups and hour before you get dressed to go.