Would like to start C25K... APP related question

Hey everyone...
After walking for more that a month now I think I would like to try step it up a notch and start running (not sure if I will be able to as I had knee operation in the past but if I don't try I sure won't know right ?)

My question is ... what is the IPHONE app that you are using that is the more complete ?
The best... I saw a few and don't mind putting a little money toward it.
But before I make up my mind I wanted to have you opinion ! :)

Thanks in advance !

Replies

• fay_pigu
    fay_pigu Posts: 125 Member
    Not quite what you asked but you can download a podcast

http://www.c25k.com/podcasts.htm

Found this thread with some apps as well as podcasts:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/64709-c25k-podcast-list
  • happyjack1976
    happyjack1976 Posts: 74 Member
    I've not used the 5k one, but I have used the 10k app from Clear Sky in the past. It's called 10k runner. It takes you from no running at all to 6.2 miles. It worked for me!
  • FitForMe83
    FitForMe83 Posts: 8
    I have used "Get Running" and it works well. It tells you when to run and walk and plays whatever music you choose in between the prompts.
  • Pamela_in_Progress
    Pamela_in_Progress Posts: 197 Member
    I'm using a free app... zen labs c25k. I'm half way through and begin week 5 tomorrow morning. I'm really enjoying it and I like how it eases you into jogging as I've never jogged before. I constantly remind myself to not push and just take it slow. My goal is to finish the training and then work on speed. Good luck and have fun!
  • thejocool
    thejocool Posts: 46
    I'm using a free app... zen labs c25k. I'm half way through and begin week 5 tomorrow morning. I'm really enjoying it and I like how it eases you into jogging as I've never jogged before. I constantly remind myself to not push and just take it slow. My goal is to finish the training and then work on speed. Good luck and have fun!

Thanks to all for your suggestions. Pamela I'm using the same as you. That was the one I picked as it was synching with MFP.
    I'm on day 3 week 1 and still alive and breathing so to me it's goos news ! LOL ... we'll see where it gets me ! :)
  • fay_pigu
    fay_pigu Posts: 125 Member
    Congrats, I did my first session today.
  • hsmith16
    hsmith16 Posts: 5 Member
    I did zenlabs c25k free. It was great! Did it and was able to jog/run my first 5k in April! About to start the app again and this time work on pace rather than endurance. Week 5 and 6 killed but you will do great. I ran that with the map my walk app at the same time so I could know my pace time and calorie burn. Both apps are free and both let you play music! Happy running!
  • Fishshtick
    Fishshtick Posts: 120 Member
    Zombies! 5k. It's a 5k trainer by the people who engineered the famous Zombies! Run. It adds a story line that pops in from time time over your music playlist to add some extra fun. I was already able to run over 5k when I downloaded it, but wanted to see what they were recommending for the story-integrated workout. I listened all the way through the 8 week program because I wanted to check it out for my wife who was starting up a 5k program without any prior running experience. It's a good endurance-building walk-run program that would be suitable for most people truly starting from a low activity level. Like all such programs you are encouraged to repeat weeks if you find you are not able to advance as fast as the program proceeds. They add in some active stretching exercises which are also very good for preventing injuries, but you may want to look into more of those given your knee. Most of the 5k trainers are pretty similar, and regardless of which one you pick, you might want to adopt the commonly recommended approach of dropping back a week of the plan every few weeks you advance to give your knee extra recovery time (example week order: 1, 2, 3, 2, 3, 4, 5, 4, 5, 6, 7, 6, 7, 8 without final 5k, 7, 8 with final 5 k). Avoid any app trainers or on-line training plans designed to build speed. you should not be working on any real speed routines until you can comfortably run well past 5k.
  • Lizzie7800
    Lizzie7800 Posts: 9
    I use the Run Double App, it's free for two weeks then like 2.99 to purchase the whole program. I am on week 3 right now. I really like the app, they're prob all pretty similar though.