Help did i eat too much?

Options
I was having a good in control day, walked about 65 minutes, worked, went to school and before dinner i had eaten about 1000, was pretty proud of myself and decided to add in a sweet potato to my tofu veggie steam to reward myself...but my family was having a sort of snack/dinner and i ended up eating 4 slices of spelt bread with 2 tbspoons of peanut butter...the final result was 1382 calories but still i feel so guilty, will this make fat grow? Should i exercise a bit to burn it?
(p.s: i do have an unhealthy relationship with food but im trying to work with it)

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    so you ate a total of 1382 calories? No it wont make fat grow...you need to eat over maitenance by at least 3500 calories for fat to form...and that for you would definately be more than 1382.

As well if you walk for an hour, worked and went to school you could probably eat another 500-750 and still be in a deficet.
  • vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    Options
    I was having a good in control day, walked about 65 minutes, worked, went to school and before dinner i had eaten about 1000, was pretty proud of myself and decided to add in a sweet potato to my tofu veggie steam to reward myself...but my family was having a sort of snack/dinner and i ended up eating 4 slices of spelt bread with 2 tbspoons of peanut butter...the final result was 1382 calories but still i feel so guilty, will this make fat grow? Should i exercise a bit to burn it?
    (p.s: i do have an unhealthy relationship with food but im trying to work with it)
    In order to gain 1 lb of fat, you must eat 3500 calories ABOVE maintenance. You cannot get fat over night. It takes consistent days upon weeks, upon months to gain significant amounts of fat. I'd move on and not think twice about it.
  • bbunny95
    bbunny95 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the answer, i know i haven't eaten that much but feeling so full makes me feel kinda guilty, i've been trying a more "asian" sized portions when eating and got used to finishing meals without feeling completely full, i guess i forgot how it was to indulge a little bit
  • bbunny95
    bbunny95 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    i felt so full that i freaked out, i've been eating smaller portions so i got used to not feeling completely full after finishing a meal, thanks for the info i'll move on :P
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I understand that you are struggling with an eating disorder - but please try not to feel gulty for eating, and don't use food as a reward.
  • sargessexyone
    sargessexyone Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    It takes 30 mins for your stomach to tell your brain it's full, not sure where I heard/read that, and people may correct me if I'm wrong :happy: .Which is why we are supposed to eat a meal slowly.
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    so you ate a total of 1382 calories? No it wont make fat grow...you need to eat over maitenance by at least 3500 calories for fat to form...and that for you would definately be more than 1382.

As well if you walk for an hour, worked and went to school you could probably eat another 500-750 and still be in a deficet.

I know what you want to say and agree with you. However, you need to be more correct. Eating 3500 calories over maintenance makes the average person gain more or less one pound. Anything eaten over maintenance will cause weight gain. If a person only eats a bit more consistently, then there will be a smaller than one pound gain, or if they eat consistently a lot more then it will be more than a pound. 3500 is not a magical number when the body starts to register more weight, but just the number necessary to account for one pound either weight gain through eating, or loss through deficit.
  • Supertact
    Supertact Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    ya sorry you're going to gain 5 pounds of fat.
  • fushigi1988
    fushigi1988 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    You are already underweight, and you are trying to lose more. Please eat more and visit your doctor, this does not seem healthy.
  • belleamore1234
    belleamore1234 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    i felt so full that i freaked out, i've been eating smaller portions so i got used to not feeling completely full after finishing a meal, thanks for the info i'll move on :P

Feeling freaked out by feeling full is indicative of a problem as it would suggest that feeling hungry feels better to you? I would advise seeing a Dr to discuss these issues.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

I know what you want to say and agree with you. However, you need to be more correct. Eating 3500 calories over maintenance makes the average person gain more or less one pound. Anything eaten over maintenance will cause weight gain. If a person only eats a bit more consistently, then there will be a smaller than one pound gain, or if they eat consistently a lot more then it will be more than a pound. 3500 is not a magical number when the body starts to register more weight, but just the number necessary to account for one pound either weight gain through eating, or loss through deficit.

edited NM