Munchies

Options
sigh...munchies again. In my own defense, I wake up at abou 5:15, eat breakfast at 6:15, small snack at about 9:30, lunch at 10:45(I know-that is so early-my husband is barely eating breakfast at that time, but that is my teaching schedule), snack after school-around 3:15, and dinner around 8pm. But about 1:30 everyday, I just get hungry. Anybody else have such a spread out day of eating? What curbs your appetite?

Replies

• gecho
    gecho Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    im up for ideas!:happy:
  • jenb86
    jenb86 Posts: 2
    Options
    I find it helps to just snack on a small amount of veggies. The fibre helps to fill you up. I learnt that hunger can be created by habi. I also drink a ton of water. It helps keep me off of the sweets and might work for you to :)
  • fattydarren
    Options
    I have a very similar work/eating pattern.

Im up at 5.15am, have a shower and now eat a bowl of cereal and a cup of tea.

Eat again approx 9am/10am.... cereal and a brew again.....

Then, like yourself, hunger kicks in at about 1.30pm/2pm.... guess what.... cereal and a brew again!!! :-p

Now depending on what time I finnish I will have a regular tea at approx 6pm, or, if im working a full 14 hour shift it will be yet another bowl of cereal aaprox 4-5pm, then a meal when I get home at 9.30pm.... and yes I know I shouldnt eat a meal at this time, but you tell my g/f that!!! Plus, after a long day I enjoy it.....

And yes I know I eat far too much cereal... but it fills me up, keeps me going, and its good for my calorie intake.... and its better than snacking on a mars bar or a twirl.... MMmmmmm, id love one right now..... stay strong!!!

Back to the post... Id say cereal as your 1pm snack, but im guessing youd be teaching then?
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I keep almonds (cocoa almonds mmmmmmmmm) in my desk to ward off the afternoon munchies
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Yes! It's really tough with killer schedules. My day starts at 5 (if I'm lucky) and I don't settle down until 10. When I'm doing well, this is the schedule that has worked for me. I have a lot to lose, so I may get more calories than you do, but you can adjust portions to fit your goal.

5 AM - Metabolism boost, 5 almonds or 1/2 ounce of cheese
    6 AM - Workout, followed by 2 cups of coffee with nonfat milk
    7 AM - Breakfast. Usually oatmeal with blueberries or something with lots of fiber.
    9 AM - A snack, typically a vegetable and a fat. Once in awhile, greek yogurt with stevia and a fruit (My new favorite is homemade zucchini chips. YUM). Usually more coffee.
    11 AM - Lunch. More fiber and veggies and a protein. a favorite is 2 slices of light whole grain bread, turkey, loaded with veggie toppers. Sometimes I'll add in a salad or a bag of baked chips if I'm munchy.
    130 - Fruit or a veggie with a fat like cottage cheese
    3 - WATER, WATER, WATER. I also usually have a piece of gum (I like the new dessert flavors, especially Key Lime). In fact, I'm chewing it as I type this.
    5ish - Dinner. Sometimes just a Lean Cuisine.
    7 - If I have any calories left, I'll have a treat like a Skinny Cow ice cream or make popcorn.

Hope that helps. The long days are grueling. Good luck to you!