Calorie count for airpopped popcorn with salt and butter

Options
I'm sure this question has been asked before, but I couldn't find the answer in the forums.

I'd like to know the calorie count for airpopped popcorn with salt and butter. There are so many differing estimates in the food database and I am quite lost.

I want to have about 3 handfuls of popcorn - which I guess is about 1.5 cups depending on the size of your hands :laugh:

I know there are a lot of "popcorn is evil" posts out there... but please just tell me. Thanks!

Replies

• weird_me2
    weird_me2 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Why not log air popped popcorn, however much you are eating and then separately log the butter?
  • liekewheeless
    liekewheeless Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Why not log air popped popcorn, however much you are eating and then separately log the butter?

That's what I would do also.
  • ThinkInOregon
    ThinkInOregon Posts: 283
    Options

That's what I would do also.

And that is exactly what I do!
  • sadiebea25
    sadiebea25 Posts: 72
    Options
    I measure out and log my popcorn kernels (unpopped), then put them in the air popper, then measure and log the butter separate. Hope that helps!
  • tycho_mx
    tycho_mx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Agreed. I make my own entries all the time. Even peanut butter and jelly to account for the specific types!
  • DerekVTX
    DerekVTX Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I log them separately as well. Weigh my kernels (600 Calories per 160 Grams) and I use Peanut Oil (240 Calories per 2 Tablespoons). We use one of the bowl type poppers so the oil is spread evenly. My 1/3rd share is 280 Calories total. which is about 8 cups popped.
  • PleaseDeleteMyAccount
    Options
    Thanks all! Good advice.