Need help with the Net calories

Options
Do you eat your Goal calories only? or do you eat what you exercise off plus your net calories? I am only eating my Net calorie goal and not eating back, is that what I am suppose to do.. I am 55lbs from my goal!!!!

Replies

• sarainiowa
    sarainiowa Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I try to stick very close to my goal calories. However, on my so called "cheat days", I will eat into my workout calories.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    The goal provided by MFP is net, not gross calories. It is designed to eat back exercise calories to reach the planned caloric deficit for a planned weight loss amount per week.

If your MFP provided goal is 1500 and you burn 500 through exercise your net is only 1000 ... or 500 below your goal which ALREADY INCLUDES A PLANNED DEFICIT.
  • jtrack3d
    jtrack3d Posts: 91
    Options
    As Brian says, it is my understanding that your deficit is already taken out, so the "green" calories is supposed to be how much you have left to eat... which goes up if you exercise. So, yeah, you can eat those.

However, my biggest fear when "eating back" is the possibility that I underestimated my intake. So, I try to stick to the planned calories + 1/2 workout calories.