Don't know what to do

Options
I have been trying to lose weight for 2 months. I have been using Insanity and following their meal plan to the letter which should have me losing weight.

I weighed myself a month ago and I was the exact same weight as when I had started. I decided to give it more time. Now, after another month, my weight still remains the same. I don't think it's water retention or daily fluctuations. After all, both times I've weighed myself, my weight has stayed exactly the same.

I feel helpless....I am desperate to lose weight and I feel that I have to stop eating altogether...I know I would gain all the weight back once I start eating normally again, but I think the only way for me to lose weight is to become anorexic. I am feeling so desperate and the exercise that I'm doing is pointless so I'm not going to continue wasting my time on it....

Replies

• snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Do you weigh and log the foods you're eating? Have you taken measurements as well as weighing yourself? Please do not stop eating, it is not the solution and can easily lead to long term damage to your body.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing/measuring/logging all the foods and drinks that you consume?????
  • zoeysasha37
    Options
    Anorexia definitely isn't the answer. There is many people suffering with eating disorders that would give anything to be able to eat normally.
  • Confused892014
    Options
    Yes and yes...I follow Insanity's meal plan to the letter, choosing from their meals....
  • zoeysasha37
    Options
    I'm not familiar with their meal plans. Are these pre packaged meals? Or are you preparing them yourself? The reason I ask is, it's very easy to underestimate what is actually consumed.
    How many calories are you eating a day?.what's your stats?
  • Confused892014
    Options
    I just feel so desperate....I am rejected by my own family because my weight disgusts them...I don't care what random people think....but it's my family and I don't want to lose them
  • osnapitzlizzyyy
    Options
    I can't offer much help but what I do have to say is please don't resort to not eating! Anorexia isn't a fad diet, it's a serious illness. I would give anything to be able to eat like a normal person and get back the muscle tone I once had. Not eating just leaves you a flabby, fainting, pale, and sickly mess. It's a disaster and even if you aren't losing weight with what you're doing now I'd prefer that to an eating disorder.
  • zoeysasha37
    Options
    I understand your despair. I've been there before. I'm trying to help you figure out what's going wrong here, that's the reason I'm asking these questions. The bottom line should be that if you eat at a deficit, you'll lose weight. If your weighing, measuring, logging and can really ensure that your actually eating at a deficit, and your still not losing weight, maybe consult your doctor. There could be something else going on.
    My advice, don't give up!! Keep trying, it took me almost two months until I started to lose weight. I weighed 202, now I weigh 135. I lost the weight by eating at a deficit.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Just to be clear here, you are using a food scale to weigh all of your food, correct?
  • bakingforlife
    bakingforlife Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    when i was not eating enough .and exercise i didnt lose a drop.when i logged .and seen the numbersbeing to low to high .it opened my eyes .....be consistant in logging and and estamating cals burned .i ended loseing 15 pounds .by stopping over exercising and under eating .you will to you can do this .i know its flusterating ,but just be patient .it will happn and i will also say get ride of the scale and get out the measuring tape
  • Confused892014
    Options
    Osna, I'm sorry, that sounds terribly sad..

Wow thors! amazing....I am eating around 1800 calories a day based on the Insanity equation, that would make me lose weight. I'm using their meal plan which consists of small meals that are anywhere from 300-500 calories. I'm measuring my food, yes, sdegir.

I'm glad you have succeeded biking.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    Options
    Did you take photos or body measurements before you started two months ago?
  • Confused892014
    Options
    Did you take photos or body measurements before you started two months ago?

no photos, but I weighed myself and my weight 1 month later was exactly the same and my weight yesterday (2 months later) was also the same!
  • zoeysasha37
    Options
    The measurement is a great idea!! I didn't measure myself at the beginning of my journey, I wish I would've!
    You might want to look into getting a measuring tape. Then you can track your inches lost
    It seriously took me two months before the scale moved. You gotta just keep going and pushing forward.
    There's plenty of people here that will support you.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    Options
    So you didn't take body measurements. Your body measurements can change without a drop in weight, but since you are not measuring your body its not possible to tell if that is what is happening.

You should measure yourself and keep doing what you're doing and re-check in a month.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    I just feel so desperate....I am rejected by my own family because my weight disgusts them...I don't care what random people think....but it's my family and I don't want to lose them
    Your ticker says you only have 30 pounds to lose. That's not a lot. I lost 42 pounds, and family love me then and they love me now.

Are you sure the "family rejection" is not just your perception? I think I'm sensing some body image issues. However, if I'm wrong and they truly do reject you, you might want to think about staying away from them.
  • Confused892014
    Options
    The measurement is a great idea!! I didn't measure myself at the beginning of my journey, I wish I would've!
    You might want to look into getting a measuring tape. Then you can track your inches lost
    It seriously took me two months before the scale moved. You gotta just keep going and pushing forward.
    There's plenty of people here that will support you.

thanks...that's encouraging to know that maybe it just takes longer...thanks for sharing

sdegir...interesting that body measurements can change even without weight loss...i will take your suggestion