Are you kidding me?!

Options
2»

Replies

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Everyone has them! I have some around my chest area, and I have them on my thighs as well. I barely notice them now. I've never been overweight either (always been 148-150 or less), but I still have them. Anyone can get them. They show up in growth spurts, when your skin can't keep up with weight gain, from having a baby...everything.

Don't be insecure; rock them! You've made great progress so far, and that's worth showing off.
  • KayJaMikel
    KayJaMikel Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Weirdly is my 16-yo daughter has them and she has never been preggo or lost a great deal of weight and her weight has pretty much been the same. She hates them though.

That's not weird- you can get them through puberty if you develop quickly. I've never been pregnant and significantly overweight, but I've had stretch marks since I was 15 for that very reason, they don't bother me anymore because they have turned silver and I'm so pale that in most lights they aren't very noticeable, when I'm tanned they are more noticeable though.

Wow, I really never know about puberty. I will tell her. They don't bother me, but I am an old married lady. They do bother her. I got her that cocoa butter, but she doesn't put it on enough to be beneficial. It is mainly her belly. Me I have them belly, thighs, not boobs though cause my boobs are not all that massive. Between that and my scar, even though that doesn't bother me really either, the scar bothers me more.
  • klkateri
    klkateri Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Thanks all!!

I did some research this am and come to find out you can have them when you are heavy and then as you lose weight they will show up. So apparently this is quiet normal. they are right on my stomach and I think I was just surprised that even with working out I'm getting them. I did show them to a friend of mine today and her remark was "What stretch marks?!" so I guess maybe I was just in the right light and the right angle to see them lol!!

Well I'm not going to let them detour me from my steady weight loss or, even rocking that two piece.. maybe even this summer... still fat and all!!
  • KeepGoingKylene
    KeepGoingKylene Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I have more now after losing the weight and I didn't lose it quickly. Don't let a bunch of stretch marks bother you, we all have them! As you can see in my profile pic, I'll be rockin a bikini this year, stretch marks and all (and still belly fat lol) :drinker:
  • CitizenXVIII
    CitizenXVIII Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm at the age where most of our friends have kids, but none of them are in school yet. Seen plenty of friends who are flat-belly, bikini-rocking moms with stripes from the kiddos. Kinda think it's sexy. Like a battle scar marking doing something amazing. War wound from a battle worth fighting.
  • evilangelwings
    evilangelwings Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    ALL women have stretch marks. ALL men have stretch marks. Even the skinny ones. Even the ones who have been skinny their whole lives. I promise. I see naked bodies of all shapes and sizes daily. Yes, some of us have way MORE stretch marks, but they are not the end of the world, and I promise that if you're otherwise rocking the bikini, no one is gonna notice!

This. I have never been majorly overweight (only a few pounds), and I have stretch marks all over, just from puberty. And as someone else pointed out, my BF never noticed!
  • klkateri
    klkateri Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    It's taken me a very long time to come to terms with the scars on my knee from my replacement mostly because it a consent reminder of pain and stupidity. I guess I feel that the stretch marks are going to be a constant reminder of being so overweight.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    I have them, to me it's really not a big deal. But if I do need to try to cover them for whatever reason, sunless tanner works well. Go get a spray tan, then rock your bikini :-)
  • stacyg1979
    stacyg1979 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    100% Pure Organic Shea butter and Bio Oil.... Literally I grease up at night..... it keeps you skin extremely moist and lessens the effects of stretch marks.... I usually alternate each night... Bio Oil then the next night Shea Butter

Mind you the Shea butter is really thick but ...IT WORKS
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,290 Member
    Options
    I can understand why you're alarmed. I'd hate it if all of a sudden I had them..and last year I didn't.

I'd go with intensive use of lotions intended for preventing stretch marks during pregnancy. I'd google and research on the net to find the best product and start using it right now..to prevent any more.

on a calming note…i'm sure you are noticing it more than any one else would.

slow down your weight loss..and give you skin time to get into condition..
  • Erikalynne18
    Erikalynne18 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    I have them too! I actually started noticing them before my weight loss but didn't really acknowledge them until I started to take care of my body, so who knows maybe yours were there before and you just didn't notice?

Either way, the good news is: No one will probably even notice! And if you have friends who point them out, kick them to the curb! :P I have NEVER EVER heard a guy point out stretch marks or cellulite (I have my suspicion that many of them don't even know what they are lol).

Stand up straight and show off your hard work girl! :)
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    <
    I was covered in stretch marks! Now they're all but gone. They're basically invisible after 2.5 years after giving birth, and no one can see them unless I point them out. No WAY I'm letting them keep me from flaunting a bikini, and you shouldn't, either!
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Puberty hit me like a Mack truck, so I've had them all over my hips and booty since I was 12. Didn't stop me from winning a bikini contest when I was 20. :wink:
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Thanks all!!

I did some research this am and come to find out you can have them when you are heavy and then as you lose weight they will show up. So apparently this is quiet normal. they are right on my stomach and I think I was just surprised that even with working out I'm getting them. I did show them to a friend of mine today and her remark was "What stretch marks?!" so I guess maybe I was just in the right light and the right angle to see them lol!!

Well I'm not going to let them detour me from my steady weight loss or, even rocking that two piece.. maybe even this summer... still fat and all!!
    You GO! Love your attitude.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    When I lose weight I'm gonna be perfect. I'm not going to have stretch marks or wrinkles or any flaws at all. I will be the epitome of walking perfection. That is all.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    When I lose weight I'm gonna be perfect. I'm not going to have stretch marks or wrinkles or any flaws at all. I will be the epitome of walking perfection. That is all.

You and me both, MCD.

OP: you have a lot of weight left to lose. Stretch marks are a minor skin coloration difference, seriously not a big deal. Of all the things to worry about as you work your way towards a healthy weight, I think you should put it pretty dang near the bottom.
  • 26MORE2GO
    26MORE2GO Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    "THIS BADGE YOU WEAR"

HIDING BEHIND THIS BADGE
    ME WISHING YOU WOULD WEAR IT WITH HONOR
    FORGETTING YOUR TRUE BEAUTY
    I STAND HERE TO REMIND YOU
    IF ONLY YOU COULD BELIEVE ME WHEN I SAY
    YOU HAVE LOST NOTHING
    AND GAINED EVERYTHING
    REMEMBERING THE FIRST TIME SEEING YOU IN YOUR UNIFORM