It's 9pm and I'm below calorie goal by 300? Do I panic?

Options
I'm just not hungry right now and it's late at night. Do I eat to gain the calories and satisfy my MFP goal or just go with the flow?

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    No you just make up for it tomorrow.
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I'm torn between saying no and saying HURRAH JUNK FOOD TIME!
  • RunnerStephe
    RunnerStephe Posts: 2,195
    Options
    Really?
  • kirstylbruce
    kirstylbruce Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Two large glasses of wine and you won't be under your goal any more. You'll also be much less likely to panic :)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    No. Don't get hung up on being a few calories short (or over) for one day. Think big picture.
  • markja
    markja Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Panic? Panic the useless emotion. Don't. Ever. Panic. I suggest you enjoy the sense of achievement. We'll done.
  • SimoneNinan
    SimoneNinan Posts: 23
    Options
    Really?

Totally. I'm trying to be as accountable as I can be, counting everything and trying to stay accurate.

And really, 300 calories is = 20% of my goal for some days, so it's significant to an A type like me.... :)

Thanks everyone!! I think I will imbibe with a glass of vino.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    I would only panic if I didn't have 300 calories worth of alcohol hanging around.
  • krissyb2424
    krissyb2424 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Stop focusing on the numbers people. Listen to your body... if your not hungry, don't eat. If your hungry- eat! (make good nutrient dense choices).
  • Carley
    Carley Posts: 88
    Options
    Stop focusing on the numbers people. Listen to your body... if your not hungry, don't eat. If your hungry- eat! (make good nutrient dense choices).

Completely agree!!!!
  • Mini_horse_lover
    Mini_horse_lover Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Have a few spoonfuls of Nut Butter.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    If this only happens once in a while, I wouldn't worry. If it happens every day, I'd reassess what you're eating.
  • wannakimmy
    wannakimmy Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    If this only happens once in a while, I wouldn't worry. If it happens every day, I'd reassess what you're eating.

This
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

Completely agree!!!!

No No No.....hunger is not the best indicator of what the body needs. If that was 500-1000 calories and it was a consistent thing then the body is not being fueled esp when you are working out. I am not say eat until stuffed and uncomfortable but get your calories in, esp if you workout.

To the OP one day wont hurt at all just try to get your weekly goal in...300 for one day isn't that big of a deal esp on a Friday night...saturday is coming.
  • Sarahliquid
    Sarahliquid Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Just eat something. It's a win win, you hit your goal and you won't stress out.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Like, actually panic? You would panic over food?

I'd love to have whatever life you lead that is so tranquil and at ease that a small food underestimation would send you into a "panic". :laugh:

Eat 2.5 tablespoons of peanut butter. There's your 300 calories. Crisis averted.
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Really?

Totally. I'm trying to be as accountable as I can be, counting everything and trying to stay accurate.

And really, 300 calories is = 20% of my goal for some days, so it's significant to an A type like me.... :)

Thanks everyone!! I think I will imbibe with a glass of vino.

tbh I think you need to imbibe a dose of citalopram. you have to let it go. There's no such thing as an A-type, only someone who needs to unwind.

Eating is not a moral issue. Contrary to popular opinion Chuck Norris does NOT strangle an asian baby every time you eat a cupcake. Food is an objective issue of practicality.

you have to let go of your hangups surrounding food. You're bound go to over sometime in the next month: save up the points for that day.
  • nicolemontagna22
    nicolemontagna22 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I had 800 calories remaining after working out today so i took care of 400 of them with two pop tarts lol
  • SixteenthOfJuly
    Options
    Goodness gracious, just leave it be. Being under your goal is good.
    It's just 300 calm down
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Also, dont worry about what time it is when you eat. It is totally irrelevant. :) I have my biggest meal pretty much right before bed.