5'2 200lb Female Seeking Motivating Friends

Options
I started this journey, forever ago... and did well... for a short amount of time. I do NOT understand what is emotionally wrong with me as to why I can not stick to this. I have had a lot of people tell me I don't want it bad enough, but I do! I'm just, lazy I guess? I don't know. I do really well for 2-3 weeks, drop 5 lbs, and for some reason just stop everything for a few days/weeks. Then I gain 5 lbs back, feel like crap, start again... and there you go.

I did manage to lose around 20 lbs when I started, and now a year later I'm still at 200. I need some super motivating friends that will help me!

Replies

• keepongoingnmw
    keepongoingnmw Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I am more or less in the same boat as you sending friend request.
  • Dragonslayer183
    Dragonslayer183 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I have the same problem too. I do so well for a while, but then slip up and gain it all back. I need someone to help keep me on track too. I'll send a friend request!
  • MePlus20
    MePlus20 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have done that too, so have decided to change my strategy. I am no longer dieting. Instead, one by one, I am making some small adjustments to what I do on a daily basis and over time am working up to some exercise and nutrition goals. Goals that I think will be sustainable over the long term instead of going on some drastic diet plan. For example, my first baby step is just limiting sweets to one per day. Once I keep it up for a while, I'll either cut it back to every other day, or work on one of my other goals such as exercising 6 days a week. (Even if I only start out at 10 minutes a day....just baby steps.) I'm hoping doing small, sustainable changes over time will help me stop the yo-yo-ing with the weight. Feel free to add me as a friend and we can support each other.
  • truckerbabe67
    Options
    hang in there! i sent you a msg and freind request
    what works for me is to first take things one day at a time... just try to do your best for each day....
    and if you do mess up...be honest on your food post etc... and just try to do better next day!
    its OK!
    just dont let that time you mess up ... keep you from going back to your healthy eating or trying to lose weight.

believe me i dont do mine perfectly! far from it! but i dont give up and i keep on trying. to eat ok, and try not to go over my calories too much

anyways hope that helps.

Good luck!
  • kitticus15
    kitticus15 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Oh dear we seem to be the same, I am no longer dieting, cos that seems to be a trigger for me to binge, I am making the changes to keep me on track, stopping buying the junk, not listening to the tv/radio ads about food, I use tumblr and follow people on there with healthy lifestyles and find the pics they post an inspiration, the food always looks lovely, real food, not processed lol somehow seeing the fruit and beges laid out with a sunny background seems to work for me, sending you a request, I am same height as you and tend to struggle with losing weight as I am still hunting my reasons for why I overeat...
  • kimmy_1432
    kimmy_1432 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your words of encouragement! I am looking forward to having you all on my friend list!
  • FionaAnne22
    FionaAnne22 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hey I'll send you a friends request too if that's okay, I've been back and forth with my weight over the years but something just feels different this time, so I'm here for the long haul :)
  • vhoule
    vhoule Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I sent a friend request.