anybody got an normal healthy recipes or snacks?

Options
I am not the fanciest chef haha. I normally eat typical "American" foods. Pizza, burgers, chili, mac & cheese, fries, chicken, and pork. I am kinda wary to try new things unless they are cheap, easily found, and easy to cook... sooo... any ideas?

Replies

• davish28
    Options
    I'm addicted to White Chedder Quaker rice cakes with a wedge of Laughing Cow lite French Onion cream cheese spread on it. So good and only like 70 calories. I eat them at work all the time to keep me going till lunch.
  • texaslonghorn42
    texaslonghorn42 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I eat like you do! Though I am also super picky and not too into many things that I guess would be considered "healthy". For snacks I tend to eat things like Wheat Thins, Special K bars, Sunkist fruit snacks, suger free jello cups, and rice cakes. I have also come up with my won twist on recipies to cut down calories... love burgers... though now I eat them on low cal courdough bread with low fat cheese with a side of sliced potatoes or corn. And some of the 200 cal pizzas they sell in the freezer section are good. These things seems to satify my pizza and burger cravings while still keeping me in my calorie goal range for the day.
  • aspeck23
    Options
    You may want to check out hungrygirl.com. She does lots of recipe renovations for burgers, turkey burgers, pizza, chili mac, etc. She also has 3 or so cookbooks that I've checked out from the public library, but you can also get them online.
  • lilmoma
    Options
    the yoplait raspberry and chocolate is yummy! also the 100 cal fat free snacks oreos and choc. chip too!:wink:
  • katiekh
    Options
    Jello makes a cheezecake pudding mix (dry) Add it to a large plain ygurt and it is a delicious breakfast low cal.
    Think it is sugar free as well...easy...dump, dump, stir and eat. Tastes better the second day!