Frustrated

Options
I am frustrated. I am staying within the calories this site is telling me to. I just did my end of day totaling on the calorie counting side of things and it says I will gain 4 more pounds instead of losing like I want to do. I don't know what to do.

Replies

• lezerlies
    lezerlies Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    That doesn't make sense. If you're staying within the number of calories the site is telling you to in order to lose weight, it shouldn't be telling you you'll gain. Are you sure you entered in all of your information correctlly?
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Are you meeting your calorie goal or are you under it? Are you eating your exercise calories?
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    I agree that doesnt make sense. Something is wrong, Either the wrong info entered, you have more cal then you think or their is a glitch.
  • JenUB
    JenUB Posts: 84
    Options
    Yes, I would agree. Double check the data you entered. Something isn't right......unless you currently weigh like 90 lbs.
  • jessemerson86
    jessemerson86 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Are your goals set to reflect that you want to lose weight? I'd double check that you're current weight and goal weight are correct and that your goals are set to lose weight. If these things are off MFP could be giving you calorie goals to reflect a weight gain and thus the calculation saying you'll gain 4 lbs in 5 weeks.
  • Sigra
    Sigra Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    As long as you are staying inside the limits, it is possible to go up depending on what you are eating. Example: Eating processed foods within the 1200cal limit. or Rice/Noodles are your main meal.

I know my mom just joined, she's pretty high on eating *lots* of fruit. But at the same time, when she was at 1300cal for the day (out of 1800cal available to eat), the rice she added said she would gain 2lbs. She may have eaten too much rice :)

I'm not sure what your situation is, but it's a guess with the little information I have!
  • SweetOrganics
    SweetOrganics Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    There definitely may be some error in an entry somewhere, but also eating too many carbs will also make you gain weight, not just calories so if you are eating too high of a % of carbs it will say you will gain weight.
  • Shamrock40
    Options
    Go back in and edit your info to make sure it's all correct. Does it have you eating a large number of calories? I am trying to lose about 70 lbs, I'm eating around 1600 calories a day, plus any exercise calories. I'm usually under my calories for the day, so it says I'll be about 9 lbs lighter by the first week in February. What does yours say?
  • rhodawickey
    rhodawickey Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It says I should be 7 pounds lighter by Feb 10. I guess we will see. I am just having issues with keeping everything under the way it suppose to be. I am over on my carbs. How important is it to eat all your exercise calories back. I need to learn how to eat more balanced I guess.
  • rhodawickey
    rhodawickey Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I did edit all my stuff. It told me at the bottom of the page I should be 7 lbs lighter by Feb. 10. But when I finished my goal sheet for the day it told me I would gain instead of lose. I am guessing it has something to do with the balance of my diet. I think I need to cut out more carb, add more protein and fruits.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Definitely balance your diet. Your body can only metabolize a certain amount of carbs and fats at one time and the excess will get stored as fat.

Also, eat your exercise calories. Do your best to meet your calorie goal, don't try to be under. Being under will not help you lose weight faster, it will only send you into starvation mode. It will slow your metabolism and cause you to store fat.