Geeky Sci-fi Vegetarian looking for Support

Options
mspoppy
mspoppy Posts: 6 Member
Hi!

Okay myfitnesspal peeps, I'm Poppy and I need help (in so many ways!). Would love to give and receive some support along this weight-loss journey, so I'm looking to add some new friends to my feed. A few things about me...

I'm 43 (but in my head I'm still 17)

I'm currently living in Spain for the summer (it's amazing)

and I'm in the midst of trying to lose 100 lbs (let's do this thang!)

Thanks!

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Geeky? check
    Sci Fi? check
    Vegetarian? No... but I do love me some tofu ;)
    Over 100 to lose? Check
    Mentally 17? Check
    Jealous of you living in Spain? CHECK!!
  • ellie0129
    ellie0129 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm geeky and I LOVE SPAIN! I went there when I was 19 for a study abroad trip and it was beautiful! Toledo was my favorite city
  • HobbitSithLord
    HobbitSithLord Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm not a vegetarian, but my username should speak for itself. :P
  • PrincessTinyheart
    PrincessTinyheart Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Hi Poppy!!

I honestly thought I was reading a post that I had written... Until I saw that you live in Spain (swoooooon) and I'm stuck in Oklahoma :(

I'm 42, vegetarian, also a geek (computer nerd, love sci fi and fantasy) and am aiming to lose about 70 lbs. Let's do this!
  • chellearellano
    Options
    Geeks unite! Check to all you said including being a vegetarian but swap out Spain for NYC! And add in a ridiculous amount of love-o-science to the mix and you've got me.
  • cyrena13
    cyrena13 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Geeky? Currently re-watching old episodes of Star Trek TNG
    Vegetarian? Yup that's me. Add me. :)
  • marvinq42
    marvinq42 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Of all the countries in Europe I was never able to visit Spain. Very jealous!
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    yup.
  • crystyntx
    crystyntx Posts: 10
    Options
    Cool!! I am a bit of a geek myself! I am a introvert! and like all sorts of weirdness!! LOL We are going to Spain in August !! absolutely can't wait!! Eat a lot of vegetarian foods on regular basis.. my fav beans, rice, grilled veggies, and avocado!! YUMZ .. Good luck with your weight loss!! :wink:
  • premneote
    premneote Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    We are so similar!

I feel like I'm 21 in my head. I've got a lot of weight to let go of, and need some friends here.

Also a geek. Also a sci-fi fan. Also a vegetarian (i don't eat eggs on top of that too).

Lets be buddies!
  • ajones1965
    ajones1965 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Well I'm 48, a big geek, a vegetarian (mostly vegan), have more than 100lbs to lose and live in the UK....add me if you like : )
  • mspoppy
    mspoppy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses! I've added you all!
  • Yagisama
    Yagisama Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I'm not vegetarian but I'm definitely geeky! :drinker:
  • shivaslives
    shivaslives Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I've got all of the qualifications if you want to add me. Been up and down on the scales a couple of times but making a comeback.
  • Angie0748
    Angie0748 Posts: 1
    Options
    Well I'm two out of the three (geeky and sci-fi), and contemplating becoming a vegetarian. So feel free to add me if you like :)
  • lorrennon
    lorrennon Posts: 43
    Options
    Geeky? check
    Sci Fi? check
    Over 100 to lose? Check
    Mentally 17? Check

that says it all... Check please!
    I'm so geeky I can honestly say I played D&D even before it came out (started as a small box game called "Melee")
    Still looking for someone to beam up a Cylon into an x-wing from moonbase Alpha.
    No spain here.. lived in Tokyo for a couple of years but never did see Godzilla there... disappointing.
  • PrincessTinyheart
    PrincessTinyheart Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Geeky? check
    Sci Fi? check
    Over 100 to lose? Check
    Mentally 17? Check

that says it all... Check please!
    I'm so geeky I can honestly say I played D&D even before it came out (started as a small box game called "Melee")
    Still looking for someone to beam up a Cylon into an x-wing from moonbase Alpha.
    No spain here.. lived in Tokyo for a couple of years but never did see Godzilla there... disappointing.

I played that in college! You don't know how badly I want to get a AD&D campaign going again... except I'm a 42 year old woman and any attempt at doing so would be supremely creepy.
  • lorrennon
    lorrennon Posts: 43
    Options
    I played that in college! You don't know how badly I want to get a AD&D campaign going again... except I'm a 42 year old woman and any attempt at doing so would be supremely creepy.

There's plenty of groups around.. I'm 48 and still play. For you, I'm sure there are.. especially with Tinker AFB nearby.