Why am I not losing weight?

Options
Hi everybody,
English is not my mother tongue, so I apologise in advance for possibility of making grammatical errors.

I am 21 year old girl, who had a lot of health issues, starting with PCOS and bad acne problem. I was treated with Roaccutane and I am taking birth control. I was never fat, but i have always got that 5 kg extra. Due to my bad health and great desire to lose some weight I started to work out and to eat healthier. My thighs are the biggest problem, and it seems that genetically my body stores all the fat in my upper thighs.

I have been working out for months now, I am on non-gluten diet (I'm running tests for coeliac disease) but I look just the same, some people are even noticing that I have gained some weight.

How is that possible? Until a year ago I was eating junk food and did not excercise and I was much skinnier than I am at this moment, ever since I started to live a more healthier life I am either gaining weight or not losing weight at all. I don't know what can I do about this, because honestly I am becoming more and more frustrated.

Thank you for time :)

Replies

• arijo7
    arijo7 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody,
    English is not my mother tongue, so I apologise in advance for possibility of making grammatical errors.

I am 21 year old girl, who had a lot of health issues, starting with PCOS and bad acne problem. I was treated with Roaccutane and I am taking birth control. I was never fat, but i have always got that 5 kg extra. Due to my bad health and great desire to lose some weight I started to work out and to eat healthier. My thighs are the biggest problem, and it seems that genetically my body stores all the fat in my upper thighs.

I have been working out for months now, I am on non-gluten diet (I'm running tests for coeliac disease) but I look just the same, some people are even noticing that I have gained some weight.

How is that possible? Until a year ago I was eating junk food and did not excercise and I was much skinnier than I am at this moment, ever since I started to live a more healthier life I am either gaining weight or not losing weight at all. I don't know what can I do about this, because honestly I am becoming more and more frustrated.

Thank you for time :)

Have you been counting your calories?
  • fredman2
    fredman2 Posts: 57
    Options
    YOU ARE NOT ALONE!

A lot of us have the same issue - my legs are like tree trunks - I look in the mirror and they just jiggle when I move, I am working on it also, they are getting smaller, slowly, all I can suggest is to walk more (briskly), do more steps (in moderation for now), and don't give up.
    I have been at this for only four months, have lost 46 lbs, my thighs are only a TEENY bit smaller, but you have to remember this one thing: You didn't gain weight overnight, you won't lose it overnight, so don't get discouraged.
    You body will also 'plateau' a few times - you will get to a weight and then nothing will happen for a couple of weeks, and then you will start losing again. I have gone thru this twice now, and it is very frustrating.
  • JosipaJopa
    JosipaJopa Posts: 6
    Options
    Yes, on average my daily intake of calories is between 1000-1200 calories per day if I do not excercise, and If i do then it is about 1400 calories.
    My day consists of: breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner

Because of my diet I do not eat carbs (except potatoes) nor sweets.