Vegetarian bellydancer in Oklahoma looking for friends

Options
Hello, I am 42, married with no kids (well, no kids that walk on 2 legs - we have 2 dogs and a cat) I'm in central OK. My hobbies include bellydance, gardening, skating (both inline and ice skating), tinkering with computers, beekeeping and travel. My husband and I love to take long trips on his motorcycle and I'm working up the courage to learn how to ride one myself.

I'm looking for friends to help support me in my weight loss journey. My goal is to lose around 70 lbs. For awhile I was following Weight Watchers but the new system just didn't work for me. I actually GAINED 5 lbs! So I'm hoping MFP will help me make the changes I need to be healthier. Who's with me? :happy:

Replies

• sungoldruth
    sungoldruth Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Feel free to add me! I am also vegetarian.

Ruth
  • allotmentgardener
    allotmentgardener Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Hi, add me. I am vegetarian, have 2 dogs and love my garden and two allotments.
  • crystyntx
    crystyntx Posts: 10
    Options
    Hello, I just started keeping track this week on mfp. I am in TX. I took some tribal belly dance lessons at one time. It was fun. Just recently started doing water aerobics and elliptical at the gym. I am with you if you are with me. LOL I am 46. I have 30 plus pounds to go. Well, that is the goal for now! :laugh: I do eat vegetarian a lot, but not completely.. Have a dog, cat, and fish.
  • Magisoft
    Magisoft Posts: 113
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I'm also a belly dancer! :)
  • premneote
    premneote Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! I used to do lots of hip hop dancing back in the day. I want to get into shape so I can start again - I love dancing.
  • blaggiesworld
    blaggiesworld Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've got about 70 more lbs to lose as well, have lost about 14 so far. I love to travel and have always wanted to try belly dancing. Feel free to add me. I would love more friends on this weight loss journey.