What app to listen to music while running?

Options
AMossy
AMossy Posts: 4 Member
Hello,

I recently started Couch 2 5k. I've been streaming Pandora for good beats but it's eating up all my data. I've considered Spotify Premium, but the offline connectivity sucks on Android. Should I just up my data package and stream or is there anything else in an offline mode that I can try? Any advice for a newbie?

TIA!

Replies

• No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    might be cheaper just to pay for your own music
  • poisonivy73
    poisonivy73 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Spotify Premium is paying for music. It's a subscription fee.

But if you're having trouble with offline mode it might be easier to just make playlists from your own library. I've not heard of an issue with android to be honest. Are you saving playlists in offline mode?
  • cherrilovee
    cherrilovee Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I'd just get my own music. You can download songs or buy them on iTunes. But, the data problem is a big one. Good luck.
  • soxobsessed
    soxobsessed Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I just use Google Play to connect my Itunes stuff to my droid phone. Works great and I can set up playlists too
  • AMossy
    AMossy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks all. I decided to try Spotify Premium again, and if it doesn't work then I will resort to buying songs individually. I just like to mix things up often and not be stuck with the same set of music.

Appreciate your input!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I'm not understanding what the offline connectivity on Android is with Spotify. I use it every day and it's problem free.
  • FitnSassy
    FitnSassy Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I create and listen to my own playlists, as well as the playlists of those whom I follow, using Spotify Premium.
  • moxiept
    moxiept Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Good info here. I will have to look into Spotify
  • dsalveson
    dsalveson Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Fit Radio

it's an app and website

http://www.fitradio.com/
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Fit Radio is FANTASTIC. but the OP is having an issue with all of her mobile data getting eaten up so it won't help her during her offline workouts. i'd pay for the ability to put store my favorite mixes for offline use.
  • dsalveson
    dsalveson Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Fit Radio is FANTASTIC. but the OP is having an issue with all of her mobile data getting eaten up so it won't help her during her offline workouts. i'd pay for the ability to put store my favorite mixes for offline use.

I gotcha. Streaming/data usage always confuses me. I've thought the same thing about paying for my favorite mixes to be stored. Everyone at my gym makes fun of Fit Radio, but I agree that it's wonderful!!