About to give up

Options
I just lost all my friends due to some false gossip and I just don't even see the point in carrying on with my weight loss, I don't even see the point in looking nice,my confidence and self esteem has hit rock bottom; no-one likes me and I'm such a ****up. I don't know how I can stay motivated at this point

Replies

• courtney123180
    courtney123180 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Don't give up. I know how you feel because i have gone through a lot of rough patches the past couple of years, but i let it affect me by eating my emotions/feelings. Now I am fat again, back to where I began my weight loss--very frustrating, and I am so much more unhappy being that I have to start this weight loss journey all over again thanks to letting a**holes get to me. If those people are truly your friends then they will come to you about this 'gossip' and work things out----they accept you for you, you may be mad at each other but always find a way to work things out---and if not, then they weren't really your friends anyway so keep on trucking with that weight loss. You can't rely on others making you happy, you first must be happy in order to make someone else happy. If you need someone to talk to I am always here, so add me if you like :) Good luck, and chin up!!!
  • Siigh_duck
    Siigh_duck Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Don't give up. I know how you feel because i have gone through a lot of rough patches the past couple of years, but i let it affect me by eating my emotions/feelings. Now I am fat again, back to where I began my weight loss--very frustrating, and I am so much more unhappy being that I have to start this weight loss journey all over again thanks to letting a**holes get to me. If those people are truly your friends then they will come to you about this 'gossip' and work things out----they accept you for you, you may be mad at each other but always find a way to work things out---and if not, then they weren't really your friends anyway so keep on trucking with that weight loss. You can't rely on others making you happy, you first must be happy in order to make someone else happy. If you need someone to talk to I am always here, so add me if you like :) Good luck, and chin up!!!

You are awesome, thank you, that actually really helped :) I wouldn't want to sabotage myself at the expense of some silly childish drama that isn't even my fault. It's not fair. Thank you for that though, it was really nice :smile:
  • EllieB_5
    EllieB_5 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    If those people are truly your friends then they will come to you about this 'gossip' and work things out

This, plus, anyone willing to rely on gossip for their info is not worth your time. Consider this a blessing in disguise and start a new network of worthy friends.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Every time a person "gives up" a puppy dies.

You don't want to be a puppy killer too, do you?
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing you're like 15-19?
  • GothicsDarkAngel
    GothicsDarkAngel Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Someone can only pull you down if they are beneath you.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    I just lost all my friends due to some false gossip and I just don't even see the point in carrying on with my weight loss, I don't even see the point in looking nice,my confidence and self esteem has hit rock bottom; no-one likes me and I'm such a ****up. I don't know how I can stay motivated at this point

So you were only losing weight in order to have friends?
  • brirandle1
    brirandle1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Gothics that is an awesome saying I will remember that one :)
  • Siigh_duck
    Options
    Every time a person "gives up" a puppy dies.

You don't want to be a puppy killer too, do you?

I most certainly don't xD
  • Siigh_duck
    Options

So you were only losing weight in order to have friends?

no, but having no friends knocks one's self esteem to a certain extent
  • SlimToBeSara
    Options
    Hi. listen, I know just how you feel believe me. But do NOT be put off by trying to reach your goals because trust me, you will regret it. I know, I have been there quite recently x
  • Siigh_duck
    Options
    Someone can only pull you down if they are beneath you.

Nicely said
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Repeat after me.

"Never give up"

"Never say die"

"I'll sleep when I'm dead"