here I go again.

Options
I thought I would never put the weight on again. It happened so slowly I wasn't even aware I was eating that badly. So here I go again. I'm discouraged but I started eating lean protein and fruits and vegetables just yesterday. How long until I stop craving chocolate and ice cream? Now if I can just start moving.

Replies

• L4manski
    L4manski Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I understand. I lost a lot of weight and kept it off for a brief period. Slowly it came back...with friends. I didn't see it for a long time and then when I did I gave up. Now I regret that and am back on track. If I can get my mind back to eating to live not living to eat, I'll be fine. I plan on doing it again I look forward to seeing you do it along with all of us on here...
  • cltx1991
    cltx1991 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I lost a lot of weight in 2012 but I've put it all back on since being at Uni so I understand how you feel!

Best of luck to you! If you did it before I'm sure you can do it again! :)
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    This week, I've been totally on track.....and the first few days was hardest.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I don't think it ever stops and for me I have to just not eat it. Many can eat "junk" in moderation but I'm not one of them. I've been at this a year and finally broke down late one night and had a mini snickers which lead to 9 or 10. Lesson learned. Hopefully it will be another year before I do it again but I got right back on track.

Feel free to friend me if you like (females only please). I'm female, 60, married, eat mostly only vegetables, fruits, fish, meat, eggs whites, legumes and a little dairy. It's all good because I'm a great cook! I have only occasional pasta, bread, etc. I'm here every day and exercise just about every day (walk, aerobics, stationary recumbent and old style calisthenics. I cook ALL the time and my diary is open to friends but I have the box unchecked that "announces" it has been completed. I broadcast the exercise since I still need daily encouragement to keep that going.

Good luck. I've found weight loss fairly simple but DEFINATELY not EASY. There is temptation everyday to eat nutritionally weak foods. New habits and 2 pounds from goal.
  • cherrilovee
    cherrilovee Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm sure you can lose the weight and keep it off too. Yeah sometimes it's a never ending cycle of gaining and losing if you're not careful. Good luck to you!
  • mebepiglet123
    mebepiglet123 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    At least you only have 20 lbs to lose if your ticker is correct, take it slow and steady...
  • Magisoft
    Magisoft Posts: 113
    Options
    Chocolate is da bomb! But it can be done. Happy to support you, add me if you like, best of luck!
  • iTend2Offend
    Options
    I personally don't believe in restricting myself to only healthy foods. If I had to eat veg and fruit all day every day I would go nuts. I just enjoyed a deliciously cold creamy cup of chocolate vanilla swirl pudding. I allow myself 1 to 2 sweets a day. I enjoy them very slowly lol. Funny I just made this comment earlier. It's bad to ignore cravings. When you finally give in (and you will) after a lengthy void you lack all self control and tend to binge. By giving myself a sweet or two according to the serving size that I feel is a fair amount of my calories, I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything, so I have no need or desire to over indulge.
  • SlimToBeSara
    Options
    Hi :) I have come back today myself after failing with weightwatchers. I felt like no matter how hard I tried my efforts were failing. BUT I know I can do this, we all can reach our goals :) Feel free to add me if you like and I will try and me as motivational as I possibly can :) x
  • iTend2Offend
    Options
    A little perspective insight to encourage you to go forward fearless and conquer:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1294677--eat-all-the-sweets-a-30-day-tale-of-love-happiness