Fitting into size 2 pants!!!! After being a size 26/28

Options
shaynepoole
shaynepoole Posts: 493 Member
See the pic? that is me wearing a medium shirt and a size 2 pair of pants... let me try that again... a size 2 pair of pants... the last time I was in old navy, picking up the 4's - I saw these pants in clearance for $10... to my little brain, they didn't look that much smaller than the 4's so on a lark, I bought them - and seriously, if they don't fit? I'm out $10 - I spent more than that on meals, snacks = I couldn't even begin to tell you how much money I spent on pringles and stax... and dip, of course... and I wanted to try them on in the comfort of my home so no one would hear me struggle with them as I occasionally use some colorful language...

So now it is 2 weeks later, and I re stumble upon them and I go... sure I need a laugh this morning, because I am not feeling particularly tiny... and I need a laugh (it has been a long week)

So I attempt to put these pants on... I have a moment of tightness around the shins, but they move up in place (they are skinny jeans overall and I am curvy) ... I have to readjust my stomach flab to get in the pants, and I am pretty sure that is a no go... until it is... I can close the pants -- I do have the stomach overhang bulge which means I am not wearing these pants out of the house yet, but I can move and walk and get my *kitten* (which I still consider big) into a size 2 pair of pants. I also want to mention, these don't stretch, they are regular fitted jeans...

Now this is pretty mind blowing as I was a 26/28 for a very long time... sigh... I was already a size 20 in college and the lowest I ever got down to before stalling out on my past weight loss attempts was a size 16... Now I know that women's sizes most likely have gotten more generous with the expanding populations over the past 20 years but it still is pretty mind blowing when you consider where I started from no matter what adjustments were made to sizing... Seriously, how is it possible to go from a size 26/28 to a size 2????

I hope everyone is enjoying their Memorial day weekend and I'm going to go sit in stunned silence while I contemplate this odd turn of events...

10314711_10203696333506111_219053030547295565_n.jpg

Replies

• BekaBooluvsu
    BekaBooluvsu Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Wow! You are amazing!!!!
  • shaynepoole
    shaynepoole Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I'd have to say that you are pretty amazing too :flowerforyou:

You've lost a lot - great job
  • jlbamagirl68
    Options
    Totally awesome!!!!!
  • willial2310
    willial2310 Posts: 44
    Options
    WOW !!! AWESOME AWESOME WISH I COULD JUST GET TO SIZE 7/8 :) CONGRATULATIONS!!!
  • sbrookes9
    sbrookes9 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    WoW!! You're amazing!
  • BekaBooluvsu
    BekaBooluvsu Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I'd have to say that you are pretty amazing too :flowerforyou:

You've lost a lot - great job

Thank you! I have fought for every pound and inch lost. I'm 296.8 which I haven't been in the 200's in 10 years. I feel pretty amazing!
  • Pusarah
    Pusarah Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Oh you are SO inspirational!! You started at a point I am at and I love seeing what you've done! Brilliant and congrats to you! So happy for you :)
  • KatDJZ
    KatDJZ Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    As a current size 26/28 I'm blown away by your transformation! I don't know that I'll ever get that small, but you're proof that it's possible.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
  • simplyshannal
    simplyshannal Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    You are friggin' amazing! What you have done is great and you look wonderful!
  • LynndaMaree
    LynndaMaree Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    "Amazing, just Amazing" There is still hope for me. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • laurelthistle
    laurelthistle Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! That is awesome!
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Wow! You did shrink quite a bit! You lost quite a bit of extra weight! Good job! Your hard work and perseverance worked! As for the size 2...I haven't worn a size 3 since 3rd grade! It's so funny thinking of a grown women being that small for someone from a very tall family :smile: . Congratulations!
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You've obviously worked incredibly hard, and you've earned it. Huzzah! :drinker: :drinker:
  • ilenewilliams
    ilenewilliams Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Wow, just wow!!! Great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Becre8tive
    Becre8tive Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    You are such an inspiration, I am glad to have you in my corner :-)
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    That is amazing. You look amazing! I'm very impressed.
  • StrawberryPolly
    Options
    WOW!!!!!! You are such an encouragement!!!! Congratulations.
  • AubrieJo328
    AubrieJo328 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You look great. I'm so inspired.
  • Phoenix__Rising
    Phoenix__Rising Posts: 9,981 Member
    Options
    Amazing success!! You look incredible!! Thank you for inspiring us. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!