Can't get rid of belly fat :(

Options
Hi guys! For the last 4 months I've been focusing on healthy regular meals and regular moderate work outs. I've lost almost 10 kg and got stuck. I run 5 times a week for 40-50 minutes (with some brisk walks for 1-2 mins in the middle of the run;) + once a week i cycle for 90-120 minutes (hills, woods etc)
I still have the extra 5 kg I' love to lose but the weight hasn't dropped for some time :(
What am I doing wrong?
I stick to my calorie limits and do not cheat. Any ideas?

Replies

• jjplato
    jjplato Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem - was down to the last bits of "stubborn fat", particularly a small bit of belly fat that just wouldn't go away. Carb cycling worked for me - I finally flattened out my stomach after about a week and a half. Somebody may say, well that was just water or whatever, but who cares -- it' s not there anymore.
  • Dukesjourney
    Dukesjourney Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    What is carb cycling may I ask?
    I had the same problem - was down to the last bits of "stubborn fat", particularly a small bit of belly fat that just wouldn't go away. Carb cycling worked for me - I finally flattened out my stomach after about a week and a half. Somebody may say, well that was just water or whatever, but who cares -- it' s not there anymore.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    If your exercise is just cardio, then you may be losing more lean mass than you want to. The less lean mass you have, the lower your metabolic rate.
    Try changing your exercising with some HIIT included in them. For many, just this change alone helps.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • twinpoppy
    twinpoppy Posts: 5
    Options
    Thank u guys! Ok I'll try to change my routine a bit/ more if needed. Hope this will help. I will let u know in a week or so if i see any change, maybe smn else could find it useful. How do u suggest I should plan the cardio vs hiit?
  • twinpoppy
    twinpoppy Posts: 5
    Options
    Thx!;)
  • jjplato
    jjplato Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    What is carb cycling may I ask?

Basically, you alternate between low-carb and high-carb days. High-carb on weight lifting days, and low-carb on cardio days. The idea is that your body craves carbs on weight training days for muscle repair and to restore lost glycogen, and on cardio days you're depriving your body of carbs to prompt it to burn fat.

http://www.muscleforlife.com/the-definitive-guide-to-carb-cycling/