Inch Loss but minimal weight Loss

Options
Hi there, I posted earlier in the week regarding this but just looking for clarification. I have been seeing a PT 3 times a week and 2 Les Mills Classes per week for 8 weeks. I have had really good inch loss 5 inches from waist and 5 inches from hips (they were the only places we measured) but I have only loss 5.5kg, I started at 119.6kg and I am now 114.2Kg.

I try to net at 1800 calories per day, my question is should I further reduce my calories to encourage weight loss or is it normal for inch loss to surpass the weight loss? I'm happy with my results but if I follow a diet without exercise my weight loss would be double that by now.

Just a little confused and I want to make sure I'm doing everything right, I have an underactive thyroid and take 250mcg levothyroxine per day and I am anaemic.

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Losing inches is good! Weight loss can easily be effected by normal fluctuations and fluid retention, which is why many people suggest using measurements as a more accurate guide to see your progress. To me, 5 inches (AND 5.5kg) in 8 weeks is awesome progress and I don't think you need to change anything.
  • momiji166
    momiji166 Posts: 32
    Options
    thank you snazzy, I am really seeing the results but I think that I am just so conditioned to measure success with the number on the scale.:smile:
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Inches matter more than pounds any day, I'd say keep doing what you are doing it's obviously working.
    Cals sound good too, I started at 256lbs on 1600 total / 1200 net. Had much better results on 2000 total / 1600 net. You need the fuel if you exercise, and losing slowly with sensible eating and exercise rather than losing fast with extreme dieting you will have much less loose skin and more change of keeping it off :-)
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Congrats!

Inches mean more than the scale! I wish I had 5 inches off my waist.... :flowerforyou:

Keep doing what you are doing!
  • Marlitharn
    Marlitharn Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Remember, too, that a pound of muscle takes up less room than a pound of fat, so as you build muscle and lose fat you'll be smaller even if the number on the scale doesn't change as much as you think it should. Inches all the way!