115 lbs lost w/ pics

Options
celinetmika
celinetmika Posts: 70 Member
Here's my own little success story. I'm not done yet but I have lost 115 lbs so far from my highest known weight.

I was always a little bit chubby and just really liked food and hated to exercise. Truth is, I was not very good at it either. During my teenage years I put on some weight, lost it through diets, only to gain more when I stopped dieting (ah the 90s!)

It's in my twenties that I really blew up. Met my husband, got married, settled down, had kids, and gained so much weight... It's not that I didn't try to lose, it's that I was easily discouraged and figured I would just be obese my whole life and that's what it was.

Tried several things, nothing worked. I lost a bit, a few pounds here and there, up and down always.

And then a bit over two years ago I tried a Zumba class. That was the first time in my LIFE that I worked out for an hour. It was a long long hour, but I moved and I had fun. And I came back. After a few months, I joined a gym and tried other classes, even started to exercise a bit by myself. Then I joined a team with a trainer, in a small group, and I started working out there three times a week in addition to the Zumba classes several times a week. And I kept going.

Today I workout 8-10 times a week, I still do Zumba for cardio and fun, but I also do my trainer's workouts which include weight lifting among other things, R.I.P.P.E.D and Insanity classes. I love it and I have made it my priority to get fit and healthy.

c8619b7c-206e-4308-830a-8e3a348e56af_zps912c6e50.jpg

Replies

• FatCatsRule
    FatCatsRule Posts: 37
    Options
    CONGRATS! You look amazing! :flowerforyou:
  • la8ydi
    la8ydi Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Wow wow wow!!!! Congrats!!!! :-)
  • sahi2lynn
    sahi2lynn Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Great inspiration to find what works!
  • Dragonslayer183
    Dragonslayer183 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    That's amazing and inspiring. I'm glad you found a happy relationship with exercising. Great job and best of luck. How long did it take you to lose?
  • BookAngel_a
    BookAngel_a Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Wow, you're my hero! Congratulations! :) Thanks for sharing - it is encouraging for those of us who are just getting started. :)
  • joek5637
    joek5637 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Amazing you look great
  • Csy4242
    Csy4242 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Wow! Way to go, you look awesome! :smile:
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Look at the HOT MAMA! Go girl! Amazing and fantastic job!

You should be so proud of yourself! :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • Jlennhikes
    Jlennhikes Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look fantastic! So impressive!
  • mfp2014mfp
    mfp2014mfp Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, Im sure you feel just brilliant. Thanks for sharing :flowerforyou:
  • mamasgonnalose
    Options
    Amazing well done! You look incredible. Did you change your diet and how?
  • celinetmika
    celinetmika Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    As far as the "diet" (which is really really really not a diet), I did count calories for a while with MFP, measuring and all that. It really helped. Now I have learned how to eat "clean" for the most part, I have reduced my carbs and increased my protein and veggies and it's working. I don't even think about it anymore. Although if I want, I will eat ice cream or pizza, just not every day. :-)
  • traceywoody
    traceywoody Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. Very motivating and inspiring. You look great and happy too.
  • alevelali27
    alevelali27 Posts: 10
    Options
    You look AMAZING! Thanks for sharing!! :)
  • BekaBooluvsu
    BekaBooluvsu Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    You've done a wonderful job! :smile:
  • StacyRenee77
    StacyRenee77 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    wow you are beautiful
  • cheesevixen_staci
    cheesevixen_staci Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    That's amazing and inspiring ! You look great :)
  • elghee123
    elghee123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    That's a lot of exercises! Congrats!
  • leanne9876
    leanne9876 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    wow well done !!!! Thanks for sharing :)
  • alechua
    alechua Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Very pretty! congrats! wtg! ;)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!